Interesting Question

a_man_of_many_foxes

Hi all,

I had a thought and wanted to know other’s opinions regarding fur. Do you find yourself loving all types of fur or specifically drawn to one or a few? On the same thought, what about the exact fur item? Do you find yourself more interested in let’s say coats or rather anything fur related? For me personally, I just enjoy fur coats. I don’t have much interest in hats, gloves or boots (I do have a fox blanket I love). Would appreciate your opinions just to see what everyone else’s interests are.

Thanks!

Because of the high cost of fur, it's pretty much whatever I can get at this time; until I can afford to choose something specific, I'm not picky.  As for exact fur items, I LOVE fur rugs, and I will only buy furs that can be placed on the floor where they will get trampled by dirty shoes.  I have no interest in fur coats and hats though.

I’m very drawn towards mink and sable, although sable remains largely a dream due its very high price.  Full and ankle length coats are very attractive to me although a nice jacket is good too. 

I more have a predilection towards pelts than presentation. Unless it’s a coat that has horizontal pelts or a chevron design or even a herringbone pattern. For some reason I can’t tolerate these patterns in furs. They look too unnatural to me. Accessories I don’t mind. In fact I have more accessories in my collection than coats. But I do tend to prefer fox pelts over any other type of furs. Short hair furs don’t typically do anything for me. I often feel like I’m wearing a bathrobe as opposed to a winter coat when I’m wearing a short haired fur. But most long haired furs can feel stiff or wirey. Fox is one of the few furs that combines extremely soft pelts and elegance that comes from short haired furs and the insulation and warmth from long haired furs. So it’s the best of both worlds. Plus there is an extreme amount of variety in fox that is not found anywhere else.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am a big fan of long wooled llama/alpaca (especially adult suri/heavy wool pelts from animals that went unshorn for quite a while), Angora/Cashgora, cashmere, mountain and Kiko goat, Highland cattle, long/thick haired black bear, wolf/coyote (the thicker, whiter/blonder the better) and tanuki. Though I had my first times with lynx, sheared beaver and arctic fox. 

I like all kind of fur clothing. But of course I prefer jackets and coats due to more fur. My favorite is fox, and I prefer the soft ones. So rabbit, sable, lynx, chinchilla, and certain minks. Not a big fan of racoon and coyote.

• 2 weeks later...

I like certain kinds of fur. Mostly wolverine, wolf, brown longhaired beaver, plucked and sheared land otter, shearling sheepskin, mouton, bison, lynx, caribou and  sheared hair on cowhide. 

I only like fox if it's wild and it's used on a trapper hat with the tail attached.