What Are Some Things You Dislike About Fur?

FurRugLover

I love fur rugs, but one thing I don't like about them is that just because they are on the floor and you can step on them with your shoes on (well, depending on where you are, of course...for example, I allow shoes and boots on ALL my fur rugs), you get the occasional visitor who thinks that that means you can also put your feet on the furniture with your shoes on (in one case, with Rollerblades/inline skates on!).

What are some things you dislike about fur?

3 hours ago, FurRugLover said:

What are some things you dislike about fur?

* That it’s not in style like it was in the 80s with all the mega-foxes. 
* All the great furriers are a dying breed, and unfortunately, quite literally.

* There’s not as many coats in my friends or extended family’s closets like there were in the 80’s and 90’s

I’ll start out with that. 🙂

• Like 3

I totally agree with pmwhist.  People think fur is a bad thing.  Government has made it difficult by banning the sale of new furs like in California.  People are scared to wear fur unlike the 1980s and 80s when I used to see more.  Before the 80s there were alot more but I was too young to notice.

17 hours ago, pnwhist said:

* That it’s not in style like it was in the 80s with all the mega-foxes. 
* All the great furriers are a dying breed, and unfortunately, quite literally.

* There’s not as many coats in my friends or extended family’s closets like there were in the 80’s and 90’s

I’ll start out with that. 🙂

Same with fur rugs...they are not as common as they were before WWII, although sheepskins and cowhides have been gaining popularity in recent years.  At the turn of the 20th century, every rich man's home had a fur rug, and they were even placed in offices, lobbies, and waiting rooms.

General fragility for one thing! Takes alot of space and effort to store and care for correctly, and even then its often too frail and sheds or tears easily. And one more thing, for most of the year - too warm to enjoy! 😄Its always a sad day when the nights get too warm for a fur bedspread, or temperatures go up so high that I can't wear fur comfortably outside. Some better water-repelant qualities would also be nice where I live!

On 10/8/2022 at 9:37 PM, LustForFur said:

Maintenance and storage costs

Yeah I can attest to this. Also the fact that each garment will often have its own separate cleaning and storage fee so if you are the proud owner of multiple coats and accessories, prepare yourself for an expensive off season. At one point I spent more on storage than through layaway payments to clean all of my stuff at once. Never again 

Edited by Panther10

My dislikes about fur are:

- Weight.

- Missing water resistance.

- Costs (b/c my wife is sort of a penny pincher)

- Fragility

What I dislike about fur fashion and society is

- Fallen out of style

- Furriers are dying