Did you know anyone in the 1980s who owned a full length fox fur coat?

furlover362436

Okay I know how the 1980s were huge for full length fox fur coats and I am just curious if you knew anyone in the 1980s who owned a full length fox fur coat?

• Like 1

you made me feel old. I had full length huge fox fur in 1980 to play with. yes, I was born in the 60s, so I also remember the time of exotic fur with cat patterns like leopard and ozelot

• Like 1

I was born in the 60's, big fox coats were not uncommon. I bought a few at Goodwill for like $50 -$70. Mink, rabbit and a ton of $20 black dyed sheared muskrat. Lynx & chinchilla were pretty rare as was orylag. I don't remember any regular rex rabbit.

My aunt wore a full-length raccoon or beaver coat in the 80s. I’ve personally seen women wear in public full-length black mink coats even in the 90s. But wow, I guess seeing a FL fox would be a rarity. Although we KNOW it existed because many of us or our wives are beneficiaries of their hand me downs!

Yes, I know of a couple of lady's that had them.

One worked as a legal aid in Detroit and she had a few furs -my favorite being a crystal fox.

The other lady had some kind of blush fox from memory, was great seeing it but wasn't a favorite.

• Like 1

In the 70's sheepskin was popular in our family. My mother and some of her girlfriends wore sheepskin jackets. My aunt had a wolf fur jacket, but I never saw anyone in the 80's wear a full length fox fur coat. My area probably wasn't rich enough 😉