Feline? Fur ID

rabbitfur

Does anyone have pointers on distinguishing what these coats may be? Is it possible they are just dyed mink/rabbit? I love lynx and bobcat, but always nervous about dealing with something endangered.

Side note - strikes me as being worthwhile to have a dedicated forum or master thread for fur identification. Search results show lots of past threads.

Screenshot_20220822-105307_eBay.jpg

not really sure:

first and second look rabbit to me., I think it is called spotted rabbit (not really sure about the name)

Third looks Ocelot.

Last one seems to be very old and worn out lynx, I do not believe Indian Civet (the fur should also have stripes)

Apart from that I recommend you save a little more and buy a higher quality, but feel free to be happy with these objects 🙂

The first two are definitely not rabbit, most likely Geoffroy's cat.  The third looks like ocelot but the picture is small.  The fourth is civet cat.

10 hours ago, furlovertx said:

The first two are definitely not rabbit, most likely Geoffroy's cat.  The third looks like ocelot but the picture is small.  The fourth is civet cat.

What is Geoffroy's cat? I've always seen that fur pattern referred to as 'reed cat'.