DIY Fur cleaning ?

Vindstad

Hi there ! Im new to the forum .

i live in rural Northern Norway and have a passion for fur (wich i have good use for since winter lasts from oktober to may where i live)

My nearest furrier is 846 miles away, so i dearly want to learn to care for my fur my self.

Does anybody how to clean fur at home in way that is safe for the fur and the skins? I want my furs to last for my lifetime , with furriers gradually going out business i feel i have to learn to do this my self.

I have so far gathered that sawdust or crushed walnutshells and ground up cob of corn is used to clean, there is mention of a cleaning liquid but i have yet to find a safe and appropriate for home use liquid for fur cleaning.

Next is glazing , wich i have yet to figure out , seems to be a mix of steam and a spray of a lanolin mix ?

Any tips for a self sustaining fur cleaning will be GREATLY appreciated❤️

There was a cleaning solution on Ebay for a  while under the name of Lana. You can use sawdust in a large trash bag put in a clothes dryer on no heat and tumble the bag with the coat, solution if you have it, and sawdust. Then take the coat out of the bag and shake it off. Professionals have a big, fur/sawdust specific tumbler. I had access to one and it was offered to me, but it was pretty large and would have taken up a lot of room in my shop.