what size fur to wear?

Wolvie666

What do you guys think?

A fur coat should it be in exact your size or 1 size bigger then the size clothes you wear?

Oh and are there good places to find fur in bigger sizes (so XXXL or bigger)??

To me it is normally "the bigger the better". But it also depends on the purpose. If you want to wear it out it should also be manageable and comfortable I suppose. 

23 hours ago, sheepskin_lover said:

dilart on ebay sells lots of oversize furs

There’s nothing on eBay now to do with ‘dilart’ except for a coat of arms print. 

I always love my furs to be as big as possible!  My favourite full length mink is absolutely enormous. I’m quite a big bloke and you could fit me and a three quarter of me again!  My furrier tells me he’s never seen a mink coat with as many skins in it. 
The only ‘problem’ I have with it is that the sheer weight of all those skins put a tremendous pressure on the shoulders so I have to store it flat to avoid undue strain.  I don’t mind using a coat hanger for short periods but when it’s at home it lives in its bag flag in the wardrobe. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have bought several coats from Dilart. Mostly MINK, and a couple of CHINCHILLA jackets.

I always go for a 6X (or at a pinch 5X/4X).

It means that firstly the arm length isn't too short, and more importantly, there is room for more FUR underneath.

I usually wear a (sleeveless) MINK coat as a gilet, together with MINK/FOX scarves, MINK hat etc.

I try to wear AT LEAST 4 items of fur, but always try to wear more!

Bob

Definitely always go for larger coats. Especially with extra fluffy fox coats. Im actually saving for a huge full length tanuki coat with matching hat. Both im hoping will be huge on me lol.