Ant trails...

auzmink

Interesting thought, I wonder what ALF and PETAphiles do with ant trails inside their houses??

We all get them from time to time, but how do they sort them out?

1/ Lie next to the trail and through a process of disucssion persude them to leave.

2/ Block all the holes to the house off - impossible I think.

3/ Use natural chemical repellant

4/ Eradicate with ant killing chemicals!!!

Other options?????

Auzmink

I once saw on 60 minuets an interview with the head of peta's euro section and he says he wont even stomp a cockroach or swat a fly.

I doubt they would try to kill them.

True whack jobs!

I don't kill spiders. Not because I belong to PeTA but because they consume huge numbers of other bugs.

I had an uncle who kept two huge black snakes in his barn. They were very fat and friendly and never left the barn. My uncle never had a problem with rats in his barn.

Wonder if we could breed a PeTA snake?

OFF

OFF your last comment, "Wonder if we could breed a PeTA snake?", just made my day, thnx .

Here is one I remember from a commedian in the early 90's. "If hooking up a monkey's brain to a car battery helps to find a cure for cancer in 10 yrs, there is one thing I have to say, RED is positive & Black is negative"

I know it really has nothing to do with fur and all, but it is something I like to remember when I hear about some of the PETA crap that is going on out there.

Also on the snake part, somehow a family of Red Racers made a home in a few of my yards bushes. They deffinitely help keep the pest population down though. Glad they're here.

The trouble with a lot of animal lovers is their double standards (like most people). They go out interfering with fox hunts because it is 'cruel'. Then in their town house they see a fox has raided their refuse bin and it's; 'if i catch that ****ing fox i'll ****ing kill it. NIMBYs as they call them.

Also (off topic) does anyone know what a BOBFOC woman is?

Other options?????

Spend $20,000,000 of taxpayer money conducting an environmental impact study on the ant populations of the United States as it relates to the location of all the population centers of the country then spend another $20,000,000 (plus budget overruns) to carefully dig up and relocate the entire anthill to another place where there are no humans.

If you really want to get rid of ants, spread quicklime around the outside foundation of the building and spray a pyretherin-based insecticide throughout the surrounding grass and shrubbery. A regular application of eucalyptus oil on the kitchen counters and garbage cans will keep them at bay indoors.

Silliness aside: It isn't about animals or money or anything like that. It is simply a counter reaction to the way some people think they have become powerless in society. They feel like they have little power in today's world where it seems like terrorists kill people at will and the government does nothing about it.

In response, they pick an issue that is far removed from what harries them and fight it in hopes that, if they can make a difference there, it will make them feel better.

Even if, in the snowball's chance of surviving in a burning glass kiln in the deepest level of Hell, the do win the issue the fact remains the root cause of their disturbance will remain. They will be forced to take up another and another issue, ad infinitum, in a futile effort to run away from their real problems.

It's just that some people choose to run away from problems by figting for silly political and social causes while others choose to run away from problems by getting naked and diving into a pile of fur!

Also (off topic) does anyone know what a BOBFOC woman is?

I do, but I can't decide if you're asking because you don't know or just to test us. In an attempt not to spoil the game, my answer is in white below:

Body Off Baywatch, Face Off Crimewatch

I concur with Bob. Is this correct allfurme ?

We need anteaters.

Every home should have one.

(Hey incidentally, how are you Texans getting on with the leprosy thing with the scaly one?)

I am a great believer in bio control.

A cat for a mouse, a hawk for a pigeon, a ladybird for an aphid.

Do you guys have hodgepigs? they are pretty good woth ants. I saw one eat about a thousand once in 3 minutes.