Fur hoods

paul2809

Are fur hoods good to have on fur coats?? Do fur hoods protect against the winter elements?

I just bought a full lenght faux fur coat with a hood, first one with a hood..

I don't know about faux but I love hoods on real fur coats because they make such a nice big fur collar. When you put the hood up, it is also so impressive to be completely surrounded by fur. I think they can be very efficient against the cold because it even absorbs sound, but I can imagine in extreme conditions you might require a tighter fit. 

Fur hoods definitly help against cold and wind. Even a fur trim helps, there was a scientific study once showing that the trim stops the cold wind. You can try this while cycling.

And a fur-lined hood caresses (and warms) your neck and your face, definitly worth it.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes. Wolverine ruffs and wolf ruffs provide excelent wind protection. All of my winter jackets have fur ruffs on them. A couple of my ruffs are double trimmed. My favorites are beaver and wolf and beaver and wolverine paws. Your can get two ruffs from a wolverine and three ruffs from a wolf. One wolverine ruff is paw to paw. Men traditionally use the front paws and women traditionally use the back paws. Wolf is less durable than wolverine so  a wolf ruff should be trimmed with an inch of longhaired beaver, natural land otter or sheared land otter. My next ruff will probably sheared land otter and wolverine paws or sheared land otter, longhaired beaver and white wolf.