☆ FURS from RUSSIA? ☆

CoyoteFox

First off, I want to extend my sincere sympathy/empathy to anyone directly experiencing the terror and impact of this current Ukrainian conflict.

THIS POST IS NOT MEANT TO BE DISRESPECTFUL IN ANY WAY... I AM A REALIST AND I'M INTERESTED IN THE REALITY FOR MY LIFE.

With that said, wanted to ask a few timely questions that have come to mind:

With the Russian currency being destroyed right now, does anyone have any RUSSIAN FUR SOURCES or CONTACTS/online stores to purchase wildly discounted furs?

This should a buying opportunity unlike any in modern times, and there should deals to be had.

Has anyone thought about this?

Would like to collaborate with this forum to respectfully discuss how we can all find discounts and find a "fur lining" to this awful international conflict.

I am not support anything that is going on... I'm not supporting the Russian military with my money, but I do believe the Russian public is NOT responsible for these atrocities---and selling their furs are an obvious and quick means to generate $USD to help their situations.

AGAIN if you have a problem with what I'm suggesting, gather your thoughts and calmly suggest a solution that is more respectful of all involved and that helps those affected.

THE TIME IS NOW to get that Lynx you always wanted and we have all the bargaining power!

Edited by CoyoteFox
  • Like 1

@SlyRoxy Supporting victims on both sides of this atrocity, or wearing dead animal skins as coats?

Which one is it?

I'm not sure who you response benefits here?

I asked a simple question and didn't think there were censors or moral arbiters on here... There is a buying opportunity and I qualified my intentions... With all due respect, tell me that it's not a good idea and that I should support them in other ways...

Appreciate your views, but I disagree with you...

Why shame me publicly? Would you not buy a fur coat from a fur salon that's going out of business? They had nothing to do with what Putin is doing... 

Are you saying we should boycott Russian fur... Real question!

1 hour ago, CoyoteFox said:

First off, I want to extend my sincere sympathy/empathy to anyone directly experiencing the terror and impact of this current Ukrainian conflict.

THIS POST IS NOT MEANT TO BE DISRESPECTFUL IN ANY WAY... I AM A REALIST AND I'M INTERESTED IN THE REALITY FOR MY LIFE.

With that said, wanted to ask a few timely questions that have come to mind:

With the Russian currency being destroyed right now, does anyone have any RUSSIAN FUR SOURCES or CONTACTS/online stores to purchase wildly discounted furs?

This should a buying opportunity unlike any in modern times, and there should deals to be had.

Has anyone thought about this?

Would like to collaborate with this forum to respectfully discuss how we can all find discounts and find a "fur lining" to this awful international conflict.

I am not support anything that is going on... I'm not supporting the Russian military with my money, but I do believe the Russian public is NOT responsible for these atrocities---and selling their furs are an obvious and quick means to generate $USD to help their situations.

AGAIN if you have a problem with what I'm suggesting, gather your thoughts and calmly suggest a solution that is more respectful of all involved and that helps those affected.

THE TIME IS NOW to get that Lynx you always wanted and we have all the bargaining power!

I ordered an angora sweater.

1854913125_angorasweater.thumb.jpg.2ad825b7822533e456b74f23b435461a.jpg

you will not find any russian shops that will ship to america, if your in europe you might have chance but still low. most russian fur stores only ship within western russian regions (st ptrsburg, moskva, etc), and normally shipping to eastern regions (vladivostok, chelyabinsk) have to be specially arranged. 

so point is, its rare for russian fur companies to ship to all of russia, let alone usa or EU. plus for them there is much customs and hoops to jump through, so basically no. if i am you dont be wasting your time unless your knowing russian friend who you can be shipping items too, then they ship to you through some ways.

I'm pretty sure that all trade and commerce between the west and Russia is now suspended under these newest sanctions. I would advise anyone who is currently doing business with any russian based furrier to seek reimbursements or refunds for your orders because they will not be able to fulfill or ship your items to you.

Edited by Panther10

The proper thing to do would be to support a Ukrainian furrier. Sadly, the only one that I know of, Sobolini.com, stopped selling & shipping their furs. But if you wish, it might not be a bad idea to support a Polish furrier. @pieniazekkusnierstwo on Instagram is certainly an excellent one, as well as furs-outlet.com. A lot of Ukrainians are evacuating to neighboring Poland currently.

Edited by Fox
  • Like 3

More to the point these folk who might be wanting to exchange their coats for currency will want hard currency, paper in hand in Dollars, Euros or Sterling, not ebay rubles paid into their bank accounts. They have enough of their own devalued currency than to want more.

21 hours ago, SlyRoxy said:

Not a good look dude. 

Kinda smacks of someone trying to take advantage of someone else's misery for financial gain

• Like 1

20 hours ago, CoyoteFox said:

What sympathy do you feel?

I lost a friend that lived in the eastern part of the Ukrainian (5 days ago) 28YO. GONE! from my life forever!!!!

And you want to exploit that death and the deaths of other human beings; for “FUR”????????

If you are that desperate to own a dead animals' remains, at a cheap price? 

Why don't you go visit Kharkiv, Ukrainian and shop: Magic Furs? That would be a great place for an individual: such as yourself to visit!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Furever Heidi said:

Kinda smacks of someone trying to take advantage of someone else's misery for financial gain

Exactly, and insulting everyone's intelligence by trying to cover it up with disingenuous excuses too. As if we wouldn't notice he was using doublespeak. 

2 hours ago, coyote 1 said:

I lost a friend that lived in the eastern part of the Ukrainian (5 days ago) 28YO. GONE! from my life forever!!!!

And you want to exploit that death and the deaths of other human beings; for “FUR”????????

Why don't you go visit Kharkiv, Ukrainian and shop: Magic Furs? That would be a great place for an individual: such as yourself to visit!

I am so sorry for your loss. You're right, thinking about material gain in a situation like this is totally heartless. 

Thank you to the people who read my words carefully and responded respectfully.

To the rest, I'm glad you've all made up your mind about me, my open question to the forum, and my character... I respect your opinions and celebrate your right to openly disagree with what you think I mean or meant to say... The economics of the fur industry during (AND AFTER) this conflict should matter to you as individuals who have been paid exorbitant markups on the one consumer product that gives you so much joy in your life.

May I burn in Hell for my thought crimes... 

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

I'm not going to apologize for asking a question and predicting market conditions, and I hope you'll think of me when you're considering buying a discounted fur from Europe in the coming years... 👍

Edited by CoyoteFox

I thought about the price of sable, but wouldn't bring it up considering the dire circumstances in Ukraine.

The Euro is dropping only slightly. Currencies tell a story as do prices of commodities like wheat and oil. 

Though in the end, it is the people that matter.

Its a very sad situation going on in the world... I applaud the Ukraine people for the way they are not backing down an inch.. Telling a Russian Warship to go F yourself is something that stands out.. those people have guts... and I applaud them.

As for importing good, I think you will see a few things happen, and they are happening already... I know many stores are pulling Russian products from the shelves, a local shop I buy model kits at instead of pulling the russian made kits off the shelf, is selling the kits off, and any profits above cost he is donating to the red cross for Ukraine.. I purchased 2 kits to support the cause, and will probably get a 3rd.... the other scenario is products will just cease to be imported anymore... 

I think that even when this clears up (hopefully soon) the scars will be very deep with Russia and the rest of the world... its going to be a long rebuild for both Ukraine and Russia when this is over...

17 hours ago, Furever Heidi said:

This is exactly where is sits with me. Poor form

14 hours ago, CoyoteFox said:

Thank you to the people who read my words carefully and responded respectfully.

To the rest, I'm glad you've all made up your mind about me, my open question to the forum, and my character... I respect your opinions and celebrate your right to openly disagree with what you think I mean or meant to say... The economics of the fur industry during (AND AFTER) this conflict should matter to you as individuals who have been paid exorbitant markups on the one consumer product that gives you so much joy in your life.

May I burn in Hell for my thought crimes... 

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

I'm not going to apologize for asking a question and predicting market conditions, and I hope you'll think of me when you're considering buying a discounted fur from Europe in the coming years... 👍

Sure, ask whatever questions you like but don't play the victim when some people then react a way you've anticipated

• Like 3

There is an Ebay seller from Russia that I have bought from that was great, but I sure don't want my or any American dollars going over there now, no matter how great the deal. Millions of Ukrainian's are losing all they have, I don't think I can ever support Russia, furs or otherwise, without an awful lot of changes and reparations, maybe not even then.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, furlvman1 said:

There is an Ebay seller from Russia that I have bought from that was great, but I sure don't want my or any American dollars going over there now, no matter how great the deal. Millions of Ukrainian's are losing all they have, I don't think I can ever support Russia, furs or otherwise, without an awful lot of changes and reparations, maybe not even then.

I feel the same way buying the Russian made model kits... ironically the model kits are of American civil airliners (757 and 777) As someone who builds models, you learn to appreciate how things fit, and these Russian kits were of amazing quality and fairly priced... The way I'm looking at it now is the local Canadian shop has already paid for the product before this happened, I am now supporting his business, who is now sending proceeds back to the Ukraine people via the Red Cross.. I think as I said earlier, you will soon cease to see Russian products in alot of places in the world... and if the are allowed, Im guessing there will be a hefty tax of them coming in to deter people from ordering.. Its a sad situation, the Ukraine people are suffering for no good reason, the good Russian people are now suffering for no good reason.. its sad to think something this would even happens in todays times.. 

• Like 2

On 3/4/2022 at 11:29 AM, coyote 1 said:

Sorry to hear that.

• 5 weeks later...

I will say that the original idea of CoyoteFox is correct. Indeed, there are many good options on the market for used fur coats, but right now the exchange rate is completely different. and the main problem is the inability to transfer money and send the goods.
As for sellers from Ukraine(like Sobolini), they did not stop selling furs even in Russia. maybe this will be news to you. they have several accounts and work great, although they shout the opposite.
well, I won’t comment on the political moment of what is happening so as not to argue with everyone…

• Like 1