Fur Rugs: Shoes On or Off?

FurRugLover

I have a collection of fur rugs all over the floor of the apartment: various deerskins, sheepskins, alpaca rugs, goatskins, etc.  The rules here is shoes ON because we have found that fur rugs actually last longer with shoes than with bare feet or socks.  We only take our shoes off for the bed, the couch, if the floor is not covered with a pelt, or if we have someone over with small crawling infants and the fur rugs need to be put away temporarily.  So what are your thoughts?  Shoes on or off fur rugs?

I remember, some 30 years ago, I was visiting a fur store.  They had a fur rug on the floor.  I had shoes on and I was afraid to step on it.  The furrier says its ok, do ahead.  I just walked in from the street.  My shoes were dirty so I did not want to soil the fur rug

9 minutes ago, minkme said:

I remember, some 30 years ago, I was visiting a fur store.  They had a fur rug on the floor.  I had shoes on and I was afraid to step on it.  The furrier says its ok, do ahead.  I just walked in from the street.  My shoes were dirty so I did not want to soil the fur rug

The reminds me of the one time we asked a visitor to take her boots off because she had stepped in poop, and we loaned her a pair of Uggs.  BTW, what type of fur was on the floor?  I have two sheepskin rugs and one deerskin rug that were used on the floors of stores.

Where I'm from, wearing shoes inside would be considered barbaric 😅
No judgement or anything, just interesting how very different a thing like this is around the world!

But my view on the problem: If you're not going to be barefoot on a fur rug, it seems like a wasted opportunity!

i remember reading on the web of aa Arab billionaire ording a 20/25 foot carpet of chinchilla by Marc Kauffman in New York, and for  the main suite of his private yacht,  with slippers for  his wife's maid and his  valet.

• 2 weeks later...

I have fur rugs in my living room (fox and coyote ones) that I do step on with my shoes on, I even have a coyote rug at the door for when I just step in from outside. However, the rugs in my room I usually go bare foot on.

6 hours ago, paul2809 said:

No shoes for Me on fur rugs.. 

That's respectable. I can understand why since fur is so annoying to clean and there is the fear it'll get ruined. It's why I have specific fur rugs I use specifically for shoes.

1 hour ago, Furloverzip said:

That's respectable. I can understand why since fur is so annoying to clean and there is the fear it'll get ruined. It's why I have specific fur rugs I use specifically for shoes.

I have a fur rug that's over 100 years old and had been used on the floor of a store at one point (right up to when I bought it) without any problems; it has never been cleaned to this day either.  But honestly, shoes on fur rugs is my thing (see my reply to another post at http://www.thefurden.com/index.php?/forums/topic/8928-what-got-you-interested-in-fur/page/2/&tab=comments#comment-72244)  BTW: Do you have any pictures of the fur rug(s) on which you wear shoes?

2 hours ago, FurRugLover said:

I have a fur rug that's over 100 years old and had been used on the floor of a store at one point (right up to when I bought it) without any problems; it has never been cleaned to this day either.  But honestly, shoes on fur rugs is my thing (see my reply to another post at http://www.thefurden.com/index.php?/forums/topic/8928-what-got-you-interested-in-fur/page/2/&tab=comments#comment-72244)  BTW: Do you have any pictures of the fur rug(s) on which you wear shoes?

I'd have to take some pictures, I don't wash mine either and they're not very damaged. But some have that fear of ruining them. I mean, the way I see it is they are rugs, any other rug would be stepped on with shoes on, dirty or clean. So, I treat some of them similarly to a normal rug. 

• 4 weeks later...

Shoes off for me. Though I find it hot when people in sneakers or socks walk on a fur rug, it feels better to walk barefoot. It may not last as long to wear barefoot but there's plenty more animals that can be killed and turned into rugs.

• Like 2

On 5/24/2021 at 12:42 AM, YoungFurGuy said:

Shoes off for me. Though I find it hot when people in sneakers or socks walk on a fur rug, it feels better to walk barefoot. It may not last as long to wear barefoot but there's plenty more animals that can be killed and turned into rugs.

Indeed, nice women's shoes are hot on fur rugs.  Sneakers and sheepskins or alpaca rugs go together nicely, Ugg boots and deerskins are a great match, and high heels look good on any fur rug.

• Like 1

Your house...  Your rules!  :)

Personally, shoes are taken off whenever I come into the house.  I wear either slippers or stocking feet.  I don't have any fur rugs but, if I did, the rule would be "shoes off."

Sheepskin slippers with the fuzzy part on the inside are nice.  Everybody should have a pair!  😄

I don't see any reason why a person couldn't have multiple furry rugs in different places around the house and have different rules for each.

If I had a fur rug near the entrance, I would wear shoes when I came in until I took them off.  If there was a rug in the living area, I would wear slippers or socks.  If there was a rug in the bedroom, it would be bare feet or socks.

I think it would also depend on the kind of fur that the rug was made from.  More durable furs would be for places where shoes are worn.

Like I said, if I paid for the rugs, it would be my right to decide how to use them.  Right?  😉

I never thought of myself as having a foot fetish; but in a way I guess I do. In that I love the feel and look of animal skin rugs underfoot. I try to avoid wearing shoes indoors but, that is not always possible. I do love the pure decadence of sheepskin rugs on my bathroom floors. When stepping out of a hot shower dripping wet feeling the thick, soft, fur underfoot or when nature calls in the middle of the night. I also like seeing the variations of animal pelts in different rooms: such as caribou, buck, cow and goat skins; that are used as accent rugs throughout my home. Coyote and timber wolf are on the floor of my bedroom. I have one friend that likes to scuff one of my deerskins with his sweaty bare feet; when he visits. I never asked but I guess he just likes the feeling  While another friend makes it a point to cover the face of the timber wolf pelt in my bedroom with his dirty socks and starts laughing. There is nothing to compare to the unrestrained gratification of owning an animal’s’ skin for warmth, comfort and pleasure (to include erotic pleasure; as I play with friends on the floor). My next want; is a couple of black bear skins for my recreation room floor (definitely shoes off when on them).    

I like YoungFurGuy attuited “but there's plenty more animals that can be turned into rugs”  

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
On 5/25/2021 at 6:55 PM, FurRugLover said:

Indeed, nice women's shoes are hot on fur rugs.  Sneakers and sheepskins or alpaca rugs go together nicely, Ugg boots and deerskins are a great match, and high heels look good on any fur rug.

A beautiful woman wearing heels on wildcat rugs is just amazing 🥰🥰🥰

• 2 weeks later...