Favourite publications; Vogue etc: specifics with furs

Guest touchofsable

I am not sure whether this should be here or "our favourite things".

One thing I have noticed is that many of my favourite magazin shoots have never appeared on the internet; and there is no mention of them ...even searching by photographer, model etc.

My favourite EVER personally is:

VOGUE: ESPANA Noviembre 1990

its shot by J.R.DURAN and the stylist is Christine de Lassus.

It features a model on the cover in a blackglama mink hooded coat close up with half her face obscured, and a black suede gove holding the coat together.

It says on the front "Pieles Seductoras" and inside on page 112 is a shoot entitled "Peiles de Venus" . The model, I assume is the one on the cover , credited as JOAN BENNETT, but I cant find out anything about her on the net.

It is an amazing shoot, which feature the lovely blonde model wearing a bandana in some shots, and thigh length boots in another, fishnets in another, and short skirts and dresses. And she is smoking cigarettes in two of the shots. She is photographed wearing full length blackglama, sable, mink and a gorgeous swing lunaraine. It is my most prized magazine. Altogether there are 12 pages in the shoot, and a few more nice fur ads ect inside too.

Anybody else got it? What are your faves? How many other magazine resources are there like this out there which arent on the net?

List your faves here, and describe them.

We don't have a really good place to keep things like this right now, but by late this fall we hope to in wiki Feel free to post here now though. If you wish, we might be able to save this thread in favorites til then.

W

Which country's Vogue LordtheNightKnight? US?

Is it the one which I have posted on the Caroline Murphy thread here and in the smoking lounge?

I think we should run this thread here for a while WhiteFox and maybe then when it has a few contributions send it to favourites. Problem is the TV and film threads have died a bit of a death since theyve been sent there...though I check as an archive, there not much new posted. Nearly all of us will have our fave mags, aspecially ones which you dont see on the net. I think that Jessica Miller gorgeous one is from Citizen K...cant lay my hands on it at the minute.

Which country's Vogue LordtheNightKnight? US?

Is it the one which I have posted on the Caroline Murphy thread here and in the smoking lounge?

I think we should run this thread here for a while WhiteFox and maybe then when it has a few contributions send it to favourites. Problem is the TV and film threads have died a bit of a death since theyve been sent there...though I check as an archive, there not much new posted. Nearly all of us will have our fave mags, aspecially ones which you dont see on the net. I think that Jessica Miller gorgeous one is from Citizen K...cant lay my hands on it at the minute.

US Vogue.

And I don't see the point of a favorites section, since those topics are about fur. Why can't they simply be stickied in the sections clearly marked about fur?

I suppose the logic is that things like movies, tv etc threads about fur are easily accessed, rather than dissappearing then individually posted without building a "collection".

Sadly though I think that means they get overlooked.

My favourite magazine was a UK Vogue from October 1982. It had a great photo shoot and a quite a few adverts in it. It was the first magazine I really remember for its fur content. In fact I bought it again a few years ago from a vintage magazine store in London.

Darren