Victorias Secret Model

Guest TheCoyote

I hope someone can help me!

I suffered quite a big computer problem the other day that lost me most of my Fur pictures. With a bit of searching on the web, I know I will be able to retrieve most of them, but the One I am most upset about losing Is probably the hardest to find.

Before this site underwent its recent face-lift, maybe six months or more ago, a Victorias Secret picture was linked. A stunning Blonde model in white underwear with a Golden Island Fox hanging off her shoulders.

Does anyone have it on there computer, and if at all possible, any of the other pictures of the same model? She only wore the fur coat in one pic, but she was stunning and I had saved about six of her altogether.

I hope someone is able to help!

TheCoyote, I may have the pic you refer too. I will take a look on some of my cd's I have my collection on. I will let you know.

wow! That does it for me worker. Where did that one come from, anymore? Pretty sure I've not seen it before. I usually remember white fox stoles

TheCoyote,

Isn't that the most horrible feeling?

I lost a hard drive and swore I would never go without back up again. Then a year or so goes by and here I am again without a current back up.

Good luck collecting your pictures again.

Linda

I just every month burn a cd rom with all my images for those emergancies that pop up when you least expect it.

Its especialy handy for my friends when they have a crash.

The only thing I back up religiously is my Quicken data. Everything else (all other docs, including fur pics) gets backed up before vacations... which works out to about once every four or five months. I don't back up programs - they can always be reinstalled...

I know, I know - I'm risking sending this topic to the Pub!!!

FLinFL

Let's see... You like blonde girls and white foxes. >>> LIKE THIS? <<<

Yeah, I got a few. Only about 150-200 of them. The whole folder where I keep them is only 35 MB.

But, I'm picky. There are some poeple who go after any old picture just because it's got fur in it. Not me. I probably pass up a dozen or more for every one I keep.

I upped the HD in my computer from its original 10 GB to a 30 GB. (In 1999, that was a fair bit of storage! ) Now, I have a CD burner and a 250 GB FireWire external. I use "Carbon Coppy Cloner" to copy my HD, en masse, to the external. That gives me the ability to store 8 incremental backups. Things I REALLY need (like tax information) I burn to CD and store away from the computer.

I don't back up as often as I should but, if one HD crashes I can boot off the other. I can start this computer in OS 8.5, OS 9.1 or 9.2, and OS X 10.2. If I could keep my backup schedule on track I would have my butt covered peretty well. It's not hard, actually. It just takes time.

Thanks worker (actually, truth be known, my preference is for brunettes, Liz Hurley type, but there you go, I'm not completely immune to blondes though!!).

Is there a pc version of carbon copy cloner or equivelent that you know of - I had a look at it and it looks like its just for macs? It sounds like a good idea to have.

I had transfered a copy of the photo onto my PDA not long ago, and was over the moon to find it earlier today!!!!!

Unfortunately the none fur photos of the model have been lost, and understandably, Victorias Secret won't release any information about any of their models, or the agencies they work for.

If anyone knows of the model in question and like me had saved even the none fur pics, I would be forever in their debt!

P.S. if someone can pm me with how to link photos on the forum, I will put a reminder of the pic in question in the link![/img]

Brunettes in white fox fur. >>> HERE <<<

Hey! That sounds like a "Fractured Song Lyric" coming on there! ("Nights in White Satin" by Moody Blues.)

ravens8: Sorry there is no Windows version of "CarbonCopyCloner", nor can there be. "CCC" is not really a program, per se, but a set of AppleScripts compiled into an application that instruct the system to do the copying but ignoring certian permissions and hidden attributes that won't allow copying of some system files. It also makes heavy use of BSD Unix. Neither of Unix nor AppleScript work on the PC. Sorry. I wish I knew more about M$ to be able to help you find an app that fits your needs. Have you tried www.versiontracker.com ?

TheCoyote: Use the "URL" tag.

Assuming you have the picture on a server somewhere or you know the URL of it, type the tag "" (Insert the URL of your picture where appropriate.)

Then type some text so people will know what they are about to look at when they click on your link. I like to use ">" to let people know there is a link. (Some browsers don't hilight links very well.)

Finally close out the link tag with a "[/url ]"

Your resulting line of text will look like:

[ url=http://www.someURL. com/Picture.jpg] >>> CLICK HERE FOR PICTURE <<< [/url ]

One really neat feature of this BB software is that it automatically parses URLs and makes them links. If you type www.thefurden.com the system automatically makes that a link. That's a good thing when you have a short link as the above example. But long links that take more than one line of text on the screen can produce an annoying effect where you have to scroll the window left and right to read all the text. This is why I advocate the use of the "[ URL]" tag(s). It makes long links readable on teh screen without scrolling.

If you don't have a server you can use to upload pictures to, try >>> ImageShack <<<

TheCoyote,

I thought we had a tutorial for posting a link to a picture in our Fur Den for Dummies forum. But, I checked, and I could not find it. I will put in a request for one.

Plus, I would like to know how to use a word or picture as the "click-on" instead of the code, like Worker has in the above post.

And, I know the first thing will be, "Oh! It is so easy!" Yes, everything is when you know how!

Linda

Worker's reply has been moved to the Fur Den for Dummies Forum. It is quite explicit... and correct.