CAN ANYONE IDENTIFY THIS TAIL??

FoxTail989

Hey guys!(I'm new to the forum so sorry if I'm making stupid technical mistakes or somthing XD) anyways, I bought this tail the other day, and I couldnt figure out what type of animal it is... first I thought it was lynx or bobcat, but those ones are fluffier and have more white color in them. (at the store I bought the tail from there was a huge pile of them and non had white colors in them, they were all pretty similar in color) Then, I thought it may be raccoon, but they are also fluffier and they have those black rings on them... so I'm kind of lost, wondered if one of you guys could identify the type of the fur..

Edited by Guest

Believe it or not, but this looks to be a red fox tail. I have several similar ones decorating my home in various ways. The tail of a red fox is not at all colored like the body, and actually can be ri ged like a raccoon.

Believe it or not, but this looks to be a red fox tail. I have several similar ones decorating my home in various ways. The tail of a red fox is not at all colored like the body, and actually can be ri ged like a raccoon.

I thought of that, but it does not seem like an option, it may look big in the picture, but it is about 20 cm length and 4 cm width... and it was actually one of the fluffiest ones I found in the pile that was in the store... I also own 4 red fox tails

Not to be contrary, but most of the red fox tails I have seen are fluffier, and usually have white fur at the tip. So I am not sure exactly what this tail is.

Some do, but I know that I own red fox tails that look like this. And voicing a different opinion is not contrary, as all pic identification is guess work to a greater or lesser degree. Thanks for your input.

The size relative to the hand in the photos I think precludes this, but now you have me thinking...the colouring and such looks like my smaller red fox tails, but of course identification is based upon experience, and all experience is necessarily limited.

Most housecat tails would have a dark stripe down the center and horizontal stripes, but there may be some breeds with similar patterns to this. However, my guess would be lippi cat.

Ok! after a further check it looks like it really is a leopard cat tail! (not sure wich breed exactly, since they're all quite similar) thanks all of you for the attention and help!