Idea for a fur trimmed coat

Funinfox

Hi all,

I recently went to Gale furs in London to talk to them about having a cloth coat with fur lining and a had with fox trim and fox lining. I was told that I should buy a coat on my own and they would then add the fur lining and trim.

I have found this coat https://www.londontradition.com/product/mens-classic/ on the internet and I intend to have one made for me in black with slight modifications and then take it to the furrier.

My original thought was to have the hood trimmed with black fox but now I've seen this colour of fox:

975338840_w640_h2048_2_2.jpg?PIMAGE_ID=975338840

Would this colour fox go with a black coat? If you had to choose what colour fox to put on a black coat, what colour fox would you choose?

I have another question too. What are people's thoughts concerning large fox cuffs on men's coats? Myself I first thought that no my coat shouldn't have fox cuffs but now I'm thinking, "who cares what people think?" let's go with fox cuffs. I'm interested to know what you all think.

If anyone has any suggestions on how my idea for my coat could be made better feel free to mention them !

Yes, but their version of xl is not even 60 cm armpit to armpit. This is not xl in my opinion for the drippy way I like a coat to fit.

Do you have any of these parkas / trimmed jackets in your collection fitting that "XL" bill? A lot of these are made for more casual wearers not looking for the "drippy" look (so it's rather a lot harder for some of us enthusiasts to find nice things).

@Funinfox I cast a vote for silver fox on a black coat! Though the pattern you posted wouldn't look bad at all on black (does it count as silver fox...?). I have no useful opinion on how "acceptable" cuffs are, but if they will make you happy, I say you should go for it!

No, I do not currently have any from them, but I do have two from other manufactures that I am very happy with. I love all of their furs from this company, but they are to me on the small side, but you are absolutely correct that they are sold to the majority, and most women want more fitted to show off curves and such so to say. I am certainly an exception in this regard when it comes to furs at least.

• 2 months later...

Hi all,

Good news, I finally went ahead with my idea and ordered it. It has been made and below are photos the seller has sent me. As winter is over here in the UK I have asked them to only send it to me at the end of September otherwise if I got it now I'd have to put it in storage.

source

source

source

Wow that’s a nice fur parka. I am thinking of buying one myself, but i don’t know if the poeple at my university will appreciate fur