Any idea on the type of fur this is?

Guest CAPITALISTIC BLONDE

This looks like sable to me, but the flatter furs out of context are difficult at times to differentiate. It is not long haired enough to be fisher, but looks longer than mink. Not the correct colouring for marten.

I will correct myself now...just thought I would look on Google images, and sure enough there are squirrels that look very similar to this. We all learn new things every day. Although the guard hairs and lushness still look a bit longer than the pictures of the squirrel that I just looked at. Again these flatter furs are difficult to identify simply from pictures.

I will correct myself now...just thought I would look on Google images, and sure enough there are squirrels that look very similar to this. We all learn new things every day. Although the guard hairs and lushness still look a bit longer than the pictures of the squirrel that I just looked at. Again these flatter furs are difficult to identify simply from pictures.

I agree with Lynxette that it is difficult to tell what type of fur this is just from this one picture. Perhaps if the picture were zoomed out we might be able to Identify this piece, but as of right now it is hard to know for sure. I’m inclined to say it’s otter or broadtail beaver, or perhaps even fisher or dyed stone marten...but I just can’t tell from this one image.