Interesting quiz

Coyote

Came across an interesting quiz a few days ago, mainly because a person I know who supports PeTA, was furious about it!

Couldn't find the article again, but I will give you the basic scenario, with the main points that I can recall.

I did find it slightly biased against large corporations, but if the facts are true, it does put things into perspective! I would love to hear thoughts about it.

Scenario

You are in a winter holiday home, it is snowing heavily, but you need to go outside for something anyway.

Rather than a coat rack by the door, there are two boxes, of which you can choose only one. They don't say what is inside, but they have a description about the garment and the manufacturer, and you have to make your choice based on the fact sheets.

Box 1

Natural, biodegradable and environmentally friendly.

Manufacturer works closely with animal rights and environmental groups, to ensure little or no detrimental effects to surroundings

Sensibly sourced materials

hand selected and quality controlled materials

Box 2

Mass produced petrochemical bi-product

Materials sourced from known polluter under close watch by environmental groups

Manufacturer produces tonnes of non-recyclable waste per month, striking complaints about pollution in local water bodies

Non-recyclable materials used in production.

As I'm sure we can guess here, Box 2 contains a top brand ski jacket

Box 1...........................................................Fur coat!

The person I know claimed the information was bullsh1t, but I kept my mouth shut, strongly suspecting that it was mostly true. Though I'm sure there are more pros and cons for each not listed.

Personally, I couldn't argue with it, and a few other friends had a more 'oh, that's something I hadn't considered' attitude, remaining neutral and even defending the scenario to a point against the furious PeTA friend. (Yes, that friend chose the fur coat! hehe)

Edited by Guest

Came across an interesting quiz a few days ago, mainly because a person I know who supports PeTA, was furious about it!

Couldn't find the article again, but I will give you the basic scenario, with the main points that I can recall.

I did find it slightly biased against large corporations, but if the facts are true, it does put things into perspective! I would love to hear thoughts about it.

Scenario

You are in a winter holiday home, it is snowing heavily, but you need to go outside for something anyway.

Rather than a coat rack by the door, there are two boxes, of which you can choose only one. They don't say what is inside, but they have a description about the garment and the manufacturer, and you have to make your choice based on the fact sheets.

Box 1

Natural, biodegradable and environmentally friendly.

Manufacturer works closely with animal rights and environmental groups, to ensure little or no detrimental effects to surroundings

Sensibly sourced materials

hand selected and quality controlled materials

Box 2

Mass produced petrochemical bi-product

Materials sourced from known polluter under close watch by environmental groups

Manufacturer produces tonnes of non-recyclable waste per month, striking complaints about pollution in local water bodies

Non-recyclable materials used in production.

As I'm sure we can guess here, Box 2 contains a top brand ski jacket

Box 2...........................................................Fur coat!

The person I know claimed the information was bullsh1t, but I kept my mouth shut, strongly suspecting that it was mostly true. Though I'm sure there are more pros and cons for each not listed.

Personally, I couldn't argue with it, and a few other friends had a more 'oh, that's something I hadn't considered' attitude, remaining neutral and even defending the scenario to a point against the furious PeTA friend. (Yes, that friend chose the fur coat! hehe)

BIB, I'm sure you meant to put Box 1 in one of these... Confused me for a few seconds there, you did.

Nice quiz,

If you found the whole one, let me know, I would like to try it on some people

And yes, I would also take box 1

• 3 weeks later...

Tbh I don't know where most of the Peta supporters take their information. Most of it is complete bs and just making noise. I saw a video on Instagram from a Peta activist, where they followed a couple, the lady wearing a beautiful fox fur vest or jacket, into a store and basically shaming the women for wearing fur (like shouting: "Everybody, this woman is wearing a FUR COAT and is CRUEL and doesn't care about animals") This just goes too far imho. Interstingly though, people commented on it, that it's none of her business, and if you're told off once, you should leave them alone. Pretty sure this is just plain harassment.

Tbh I don't know where most of the Peta supporters take their information. Most of it is complete bs and just making noise. I saw a video on Instagram from a Peta activist, where they followed a couple, the lady wearing a beautiful fox fur vest or jacket, into a store and basically shaming the women for wearing fur (like shouting: "Everybody, this woman is wearing a FUR COAT and is CRUEL and doesn't care about animals") This just goes too far imho. Interstingly though, people commented on it, that it's none of her business, and if you're told off once, you should leave them alone. Pretty sure this is just plain harassment.

I think they have simply fallen victim to Peta propaganda videos. Also it's probably easier to hate on "rich" people, who can afford fur coats than people who eat meat (which is pretty much everyone)

Isn't it odd that these protesters don't approach leather clad bikers and harass them for wearing leather? It's alway woman who seem to be their victims...

You know, in all the time I've worn fur - and it's a long time - I've only had one negative comment in a Walmart 10 years ago. Most admire my furs and want to touch them. Some want to try it on. And I've never had to confront a PETA protester. May it always be so.