dariafurs vs. dariapelliccerie

Fox

Anyone else skeptical that these are the same person? For the time that the dariafurs eBay site has been up, I haven't seen any of the huge, thick fox furs ala dariapelliccerie that a lot of us came to know and love. To this day I regret not getting one of those amazing fox furs from the previous iteration.

I'm pretty sure that Daria furs used to be their own group under the name Daria Pelliccerie. But when their business slowed down they were eventually merged with G.M. Furs of Italy (who was an up and comer seller around the time that Daria closed their doors). Hence why G.M. and Daria furs sell from the same location, why we typically see the big plush foxes on G.M.'s eBay page and on occasion why both stores even use the same outdoor courtyard in their eBay auctions as a backdrop. I'm not sure if Daria filed for chapter 11 (or what ever the international equivalent is of Bankruptcy) and then G.M. Bought them out, or if G.M. is run by a close family member. But these two groups now seem to work together in a close operational capacity and as such I usually treat them as the same entity.

Huh. That's some good insight regarding the merger of the two businesses. Thank you for the sharp eye.

That being said, I still haven't seen anything from either site (G.M. Furs or Dariafurs) that matched the thick, plush fox furs of the old Dariapelliccerie site. :/

Edited by Guest

I got my huge hooded silver fox parka from them back in the good ole days. LUV that coat - there are some pics of it in my gallery.

Fox, I can verify that what Panther10 said is true. I bought two of Daria's coats (both lush Silver Fox parkas) and a king size Golden Island Fox blanket. After Daria closed, I wrote to Dais about another fur and she answered using dariapellicerie email address.

Thanks for the confirmation, FurBob.

Well, I guess I'll keep checking that eBay site then to see if any of those huge fox furs come up again. Though I doubt we'll see them again.

Huh. That's some good insight regarding the merger of the two businesses. Thank you for the sharp eye.

That being said, I still have seen anything from either site (G.M. Furs or Dariafurs) that matched the thick, plush fox furs of the old Dariapelliccerie site. :/

Not seeing the big super sized foxes like we did 5-6 years ago might just come down to fashion trends. The fashion houses in France and Italy tend to be the trend setters of the industry. They dictate what most peoples wardrobes will look like throughout the course of the year. In 2012 the big hooded furs were the new thing, but in 2018, tastes have changed. And now it seems that the fur dress coats with the more simple design with horizontal pelts and no collar seem to be the newest trend. One look on pinterest and instagram will tell you all you need to know. That's not to say that power foxes aren't a thing anymore....They still are. They are just considered to be more classic/timeless than some of the designs that are more fashionable.

HELLO EVERYBODY, THIS IS DARIA, I'M BACK AGAIN! I BRING YOU MY EXPERIENCE OF TEN YEARS SELLING FURS ALL OVER THE WOLRD. I'M JUST STARTING AND IN FEW TIME I WILL OFFER YOU FANTASTIC FURS. MANY OF YOU KNOW ME FOR MY HONESTY AND SERIOUSNESS. DON'T HESITATE TO ASK ANYTHING ABOUT FURS!

that is the post from the ebay site

Sure. But anybody can say anything on a website. And since I hadn't seen the large, plush fox furs on the new site that we came to know Daria for, I was suspicious that it wasn't the same person. But probably as Panther said, it's just dictated by current fashion trends. :/

Yeah, should have bough more during that period with those huge foxes, hooded and in many different colors. Still I think change sharpens the appetite - now I find all those parkas out there with huge fur hoods especially sexy;)