Fur storing

Jonasfoxluvr

Hi everyone~

I recently bought a raccoon fur boa from ebay, which is my first fur and its quality is great So I want to keep it well

But i am not sure whether my storage of the fur is suitable or not

I have already placed 3 dehumidifier boxes in the closet and also some other little dehumidifier pills

My living place is quite warm and humid, even though here is winter already (average temp and humidity are around 15-20 °C and 60%-70%, but sometimes may drop to around 10 °C and 50%)

So is my method good enough? Or do I have to use any better ways to store it in order to keep its quality? Thanks a lot

• 2 weeks later...

I believe pelts/skins need a certain amount of humidity. Otherwise they dry out and become stiff. During the winter when you would use your boa, it's probably not a big deal to store "as is". However, during the summer when the temperatures are higher, you would probably want to store your boa at a furrier who will have a vault that keeps cool temperatures as well as the appropriate humidity.

I believe pelts/skins need a certain amount of humidity. Otherwise they dry out and become stiff. During the winter when you would use your boa, it's probably not a big deal to store "as is". However, during the summer when the temperatures are higher, you would probably want to store your boa at a furrier who will have a vault that keeps cool temperatures as well as the appropriate humidity.

Thank you furlessinCA, I hope the way I store it would be good during winter. And as you said, I also consider that I have to store the fur at a furrier or some kind of shops which specialize in keeping leather and fur. Because in my place it is very hot and humid during summer.

But I am afraid the cost of storing fur would be very high which I may not able to afford it... I will still think about how to store it in summer. Once again, thanks for the suggestion

My jacket is only $60 to store during the summer. I'll bet a boa, which takes up little room, would be very inexpensive to store. Doesn't hurt to call and ask.

My jacket is only $60 to store during the summer. I'll bet a boa, which takes up little room, would be very inexpensive to store. Doesn't hurt to call and ask.

Sounds great~

As storing a jacket only costs $60, I think my boa will not be too expensive and it will be affordable for me to store it during the summer

I want to keep the fur boa in good condition as it is my first fur and I love it very much.

Again, thanks a lot for your advice, it really helps me!

I don’t have any fur jacket but I have some other fur accessories from Amifur. I always keep it in good condition.

Same as you, I have fur boa only and don't have any fur coats and jackets. But a fox/finn raccoon jacket(or both) is still my ultimate dream

Btw, how are your methods of keeping the furs then?