Emoticons

Guest raptinfurs

Wallee - Love those smileys!!!! Real loud LoL!

The smiley I'm looking for is, "Tongue in cheek". Can you help?

Edit by Fox: This is continued from Touch's thread entitled "mcartney AN BItCH SEPERATE". It took a different path from what it initially was, so I started it as a new thread.

How about... beer.gif

New emoticons can be added to the system. I've seen many UBB and PHPBB admins who have hacked new icons in. However, to do so, takes:

1. Access to the system.
  2. Hacking ability.
  3. Time.

Even if somebody had the first two requirements, I suspect requirement #3 is the real limiting factor.

Worker,

There have to be icons that are better than the ones we use.

Could you check and see if there aren't add-ons that are compatible with they system we use?

Thanks,

Linda

There are gozillions of sites out there that deal with hacking your PHPBB. There are bound to be places to get more emoticons. I'll look around to see what I can dig up.

From memory... which has a tendancy to fail me at the most inopportune moments... all that is required is a .gif file of the right size and format. I will check on that, too, to be sure. If it is true, that means we can make our OWN custom icons!

Edit: Found >>> THIS PAGE <<< already.

I vote for wallee's and maybe more icons be added.

Supposedly an Add Agency Exec. in Seattle came up with the first smiley face icon for his eMail.

OFF

Wallee,

I am not a MOD on this Forum or I would spilit out our posts on the smiley icons. So, instaed I will PM AK with this link. See if he can do anything about it.

Thanks so much!

Linda

New emoticons can be added to the system. I've seen many UBB and PHPBB admins who have hacked new icons in. However, to do so, takes:

1. Access to the system.
  2. Hacking ability.
  3. Time.

Even if somebody had the first two requirements, I suspect requirement #3 is the real limiting factor.

You don't actually need #2: adding and removing smilies is very easily done via the administrator panel. The main issue would be the time finding/designing and then agreeing on which ones are wanted, as there is bound to be a difference of opinion around here .

Am I correct in assuming that emoticons are simply GIFs or Animated GIFs?

Then, in the control panel, as you say, one simply uploads them and links them to their tags. Right?

I moderated a couple of boards before but those sites have gone defunct, long ago. It's been a while since I've been inside the perimeter. Never been through the Admin's controls at all. I can only just work on conjecture, there.

As to the choice of which ones get added, I'm flexible. Admins can pick or members can nominate and vote on them. Either is fine for me. However, I suggest that at least some of them be fur smilies.

This has come up before and from the bit I can remember, some available emods can be used and some cannot. Bob is indeed much more familiar with this than I am though. I have also asked AK to have a look in here.

Thanks Bob

W

Beware what you wish for...........

Because no one has provided info on what additional smilies they want or where they can be found, I added 2 groups of semi-appropriate smilies totaling over 200 images.

In the future, if you find a smilie that should be added, provide me a link to where it can be found.

wow, there were so many times in the past i could have used this little bugger to get my idea across (not here really, but in general) ... great emoticons. only thing i would add is more of the furry ones like Worker11811 found... if he could tell us where that came from that would help out AKcoyote, who has done a great job with these 200 by the way. Grommit is definitely cool and the monkey is great

" title="Applause" />

now hopefully after getting broken sleep all night cause being sick sucks... i'll be able to do this . wish me luck as there are tree trimmers right next door... again!