Faux = Hypocrisy

voxadicted

“I think so many people love fur, but don’t want to admit it. Often people go out of their way to justify wearing fur, e.g. they say they will only wear it if it’s second-hand, as if that way they didn’t contribute to killing the animal. I think that if you like wearing fur, just own your feelings! Don’t apologise!” says Carla.

my bets are on this one

The vintage aspect is also a fallacy, since even new furs are made from already skinned pelts. Animals are not marked out for specific garments. If they were in the past, I think people just think it happens still because of 101 Dalmations.

What I would like to do is calculate how many barrels of oil it takes to make a stroller length faux fur coat. I'll be that would open some eyes. Importing oil (and young men dying for it) to make a coat that LOOKS like fur. Ridiculous!

That whole article is a terrific load of tripe clearly written by someone who must've had absolutely nothing else to write**

I work a very short walking distance from the office where that website is written out of and if the author and her fellow co-workers haven't seen the increasing volume of fur sights on Sydney streets over the past few years then they're clearly walking around with their heads firmly wedged up you-know-where.

It angers me when I see crap like this that could unfairly and incorrectly sway any reader's opinion of wearing fur out in public (especially when it comes to my home town - yes, I'm biased). I've honestly lost count of the amount of women in fur vests and jackets and not once have I ever seen a negative reaction to it... not even from someone doing it behind the wearer's back.

** I'm fairly confident this is a re-hash from last year considering the article carries a date at the top of 17 April 2016 yet some of the comments in the conversation at the bottom show to have been written over a year ago and with winter arriving rather late this year, she'd have felt rather warm wearing such a vest in April when the temps were still mid to high 20's

Of course that those articles are writen based on some kind of bias towards fur. But they show some of the colective imagination about fur. I've talked with many people about fur and despiste some can show they couldn't care less about where it comes from most people (specially young) doesn't wear or consider wearing it because of where it comes from.

But, again as I see it, with age comes wiseness... and like me (who was anti fur) people have a chance for redemption.

Of course the anti fur speach is full of crap, but also we are quite biased, and despiste I want more and more people to wear fur, I also see fur as something exclusive and for the people with their own class...

That whole article is a terrific load of tripe clearly written by someone who must've had absolutely nothing else to write**

I work a very short walking distance from the office where that website is written out of and if the author and her fellow co-workers haven't seen the increasing volume of fur sights on Sydney streets over the past few years then they're clearly walking around with their heads firmly wedged up you-know-where.

It angers me when I see crap like this that could unfairly and incorrectly sway any reader's opinion of wearing fur out in public (especially when it comes to my home town - yes, I'm biased). I've honestly lost count of the amount of women in fur vests and jackets and not once have I ever seen a negative reaction to it... not even from someone doing it behind the wearer's back.

** I'm fairly confident this is a re-hash from last year considering the article carries a date at the top of 17 April 2016 yet some of the comments in the conversation at the bottom show to have been written over a year ago and with winter arriving rather late this year, she'd have felt rather warm wearing such a vest in April when the temps were still mid to high 20's