Harassment will NOT be tolerated

AKcoyote

It has come to the attention of staff that harassment, both sexual and otherwise, of members by members has become a major problem. While harassment is prohibited by our Code of Conduct (Rules), It appears most either have failed to read the Rules or are ignoring them. This can no longer be tolerated You have implicitly agreed to follow the posted rules by registering an account here.

Please remember that THIS IS NOT A DATING SITE If you want to look for a like minded person, keep it in the personals section ONLY.

Members are STRONGLY urged to report ANY case of harassment either sexual or otherwise to either myself or any moderator. All reported incidents will be investigated. The report icon [!] at the top of all PMs can be used to report inappropriate PMs. If the issue is with an email, please forward it to [email protected] and also send me a PM so I know to look for it.

We have the ability to disable any member's ability to send PMs or emails via the board and will do so as needed. Severe and/or repeated cases will get the offender banned. We have already taken action in a couple of cases of repeat offenders and will take further actions as needed. We want to quell it before it gets worse.

Thank you for your action AK! We want ALL our members to feel welcome here. After all, we'd all like to see this grow, wouldn't we?

To an outsider, one would assume a forum like this would be filled with controversy and misbehavior and infighting. But frankly, the moderation here is simply excellent. Unfortunate to hear this has become a problem, but applause to you for addressing it. Cheers

I believe that in nearly every fetish-themed (and/or adult-oriented) group there is often one demographic that drastically outnumbers another. It is never bad to give a reminder for people to show courtesy and respect to others.

A big thing to keep in mind is that the "rare," or "in demand" set of the site population are treasures and should be shown an extra special amount of respect, courtesy, and kindness. To put it bluntly: we want them to be here more than they need us to be here.

I don't think it is indicative of infighting, just a natural occurrence in a fetish-themed community that requires constant maintenance to remind people to be appropriate to one another and respect boundaries. A heavy-handed approach is usually necessary as some people may lose their mind when surrounded by people they can relate to.

As long as there are men not being taught how to control their behavior it's going to continue to happen sadly in rape culture. I'm glad it's become a sticky. Keep up the good work Mods!

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to thank the mods for raising the issue and posting this reminder. I believe disrespectful and sexualised behaviour was one of the main drawbacks with FFG and I was pleased to observe a completely different tone and atmosphere here. Sadly it seems that some of this unwanted behaviour has spilled over to this site after the demise of FFG. It's a shame to see what some people can bring themselves to say once they're anonymous behind a computer screen.

Thanks for the tough line and keep up the good work. Even though I'm not on here as often as I used to it's always a pleasure to stop by and see that the activity is rising and contributions are mature, respectful and interesting.