Hoods from Korea, Winter 2015/2016

maktak

I observe that Korean fashionistas have something of a penchant for large-ish fur hoods; every winter, I trawl though online inventories (more recently, instagram). To my delight, the paradigm of the oversized, extra-voluminous raccoon hood has caught on wonderfully this season. What do you think?

12501741_614756835346194_1427636912_n.jpg

11116681_1054763711230020_370484302_n.jpg

12501787_522617671248248_536528967_n.jpg

tumblr_o2pzipTDrB1v22iizo10_1280.jpg

tumblr_o2pzipTDrB1v22iizo1_1280.jpg

They are great!

I have bumped in to one at the mall, who had the hood up.

They don't see where they going and to add it, she was on the phone.

But i didn't mind it at all.

They are great!

I have bumped in to one at the mall, who had the hood up.

They don't see where they going and to add it, she was on the phone.

But i didn't mind it at all.

Enviable! I wish there were more hoods big enough to make girls careless with walking.

Great find! Fur seems to be very popular with Koreans. Hope you can find more

Thanks, I hope so too. I spend too much time rolling my eyes, sifting through silly things that look like dyed barbershop refuse. So a large raccoon hood is a welcome sight. I would settle happily for a faux one, though, were it appropriately sized.

These hoods always exert a special pull on me because they represent a fairly innocuous (dare I say, sly) way for girls to add a real flair to their outfit without going outright triple-XL platinum fox. I like to think that some might even find themselves enjoying the hood more than they can consciously justify....

Just like you, I also share the same interest on finnish raccoon fur parka(for me faux fur will also be acceptable, but must be in large size). And I usually look for these beautiful coats' photos on Taobao and Aliexpress.

One more thing, I think the trend of fur hood not only appear in South Korea, but also become more popular in other East Asia such as Taiwan, China... More women like to wear parka with big fur hood and it is enjoyable to walk around the street during the cold days. (sorry for my bad English )

The fur parka you posted above is beautiful!!

Btw here are some of my fur parka photos collection

app.php/gallery/image/39691

app.php/gallery/image/39692

app.php/gallery/image/39693

app.php/gallery/image/39694

app.php/gallery/image/39695

app.php/gallery/image/39696

app.php/gallery/image/39697

app.php/gallery/image/39698

Just like you, I also share the same interest on finnish raccoon fur parka(for me faux fur will also be acceptable, but must be in large size). And I usually look for these beautiful coats' photos on Taobao and Aliexpress.

One more thing, I think the trend of fur hood not only appear in South Korea, but also become more popular in other East Asia such as Taiwan, China... More women like to wear parka with big fur hood and it is enjoyable to walk around the street during the cold days. (sorry for my bad English )

Don't apologize for your English haha.

I sometimes feel like all hoods should be made some grades above the standard "XL" because more often than not the resulting photos look nothing like an "XL" - again, the wispy and thin result tends to disappoint.

I tend to do Taobao; I had not thought of Aliexpress. Then there is the shortlist of designers whose websites I visit every winter, found mainly through Taobao vendors' carelessness in forgetting to remove and / or watermark names.

Really? I wouldn't know, but that's great to hear! In Taiwan there are glimpses here and there of greatness, but even in freezing weather you're still hard-pressed to see anything really pushing the "XL" label in the capitol. Maybe I have a skewed view of Korea from trawling all these websites.

I love those pictures you linked, especially the first few.

• 2 months later...

Love those pictures you posted above, particularly the coat with original fin raccoon collar !!

Indeed it is quite strange that I am now replying a post which started and "ended" two months ago

Btw, the trend of winter coat with large fur collar seems to begin in recent years. In the past (around 90s and early 2000s), there are no such fashion trend . I just wonder where and when such a trend starts.

Lastly, could you share the shortlist you used to browse?

As I stated in another thread, I love the look of the natural raccoon fur. When I see a girl with such a jacket on I immediately find her attractive.

I think some girls indeed like fur collar more than just for fashion trend. And I like the way they like and enjoy those fluffy and large raccoon fur collar.

But summer has already come, and global warming causes a longer summer, winter will take ages to come. So we have wait a long time to see those collar again.

• 1 year later...

Bumping this dated topic to share two short instagram posts with very rough translations from Mandarin:

"This fur hood is huge. [unintelligible]"

"This fur hood is way too big. You can't even see my face."

First, thank you so much for your information!

The translation is correct and looks like both women love those parkas too!

Last but not least, more and more women in China, Korea and Taiwan are willing to wear parkas with large fur collars in recent years. It will be very glad to have some "fur-sightseeing" in the street.

• 2 weeks later...