Writers Block! Need help with Fur story

MrLynx

Hey i am having a serious case of writers block, and i was wondering if u guys could help me fix the problem in relations to my fur story. OKay heres my problem.

In my fur story, my main character meets a young pop star princess who is a true diva when it comes to clothes. Now it has come to my attention that when some celebs get furs, some buy them at stores and some are given to them for free. How should i go about mentioning where all of Jets( Name of pop star) furs come from? should they be from designers, or from furriers, or from like saks fifth avenue? Help me out with suggestions!

Thanks Love the new site!

Mr lynx!

• Confused 1

I would say you could use the names of certain furriers.

In various books that Ive read, you hear about a girl wearing a Vera Wang custom wedding gown or a special dress so I would say thats okay.

You could check a Jackie Collins book to see how she does it for refrence.

Or go to Saga and see which fashion houses are really into fur.... and why not have one or two as gifts from a sugar daddy.. before she became a one hit wonder *grin*

Of course, she could also have some russian blood in her and Helen Yarmak comes to the rescue *grin*...or use a mix of all plus a "special" fictional furrier friend for her... playtoys and accessories.

All literature now has to be gone through with a fine tooth comb by company solicitors. So if you mention say 25 prodicts, labels etc in a book, permission is generally sought. If for example, you were writing a book about a bad character, it may not go down that they were wearing a particular fur.

I wouldnt want my paintings adorning the wall of a gangster maybe in a book. One thing I did read wrong in a book once, years ago, and in the second edition I read it had been removed, was someone had a "saga blackglama".....you can see the problems that would cause.

On the other hand there is product placement in books too.

If in doubt, make up a furrier. Could be fun. Alternatively, why not ask one of the furriers here if they would mind "supplying" the furs!!!!

But I am sick of the wealthy getting a free ride....I offered a wealthy Russian discount once and he made that precise point. He said he liked to pay, it kept the money going round and he actually gave me a $200 tip!!!!

Maybe Jet could set an example, maybe by getting her own design made up by native people, or supporting a young designer.

Just a thought.

Most of the celebs who accept free clothes get them from their stylists. We have sent celebrity stylists a few items of clothing and then they decide which of their clients get what. Lots of times Stylists contact designers directly and work out some kind of deal where they assure free advertising on their best and most famous clients.

Jimmy Choo used to send dozens of shoes unsolicited to stylists until the company broke through and celebs were seen wearing its collection.

Good luck.

The boys at Tsarevich Furs

www.tsarevich.com

Along with what touchofsable said about the furrier and my pm to you take a look at my seried "uncle Ben's Fur Salon" where the furrier becomes part of the story. It has a celebrity in it as well.

Janey and a few others wrote stories along this line about fictitious furriers.

literotica has a section on wrtiers helpful tips in their FAQ section. They have a Celebrities category. You might look at that.

OFF

I often write stories and in my humble opinion I think you should go with Mr Barguzin's suggestion. They got them from a Sugar-Daddy, then you can use the furs in an erotic passage on how the admirer was repaid for his generousity. If it is to be an erotic fantasy, surely they would have not bought them!

well, when Jason(Main Character) moves in with Jet, she already owns many furs. But as the story progresses, i was thinking of having Jason and Jet go out to a furrier and jason spend wads of cash on jets furs. So when it comes to a furrier, you guys think that i should make up a fictonal name? and her stylist, Nina, can i have her send Jet furs every so often?

Also, when it comes to fur, Jet just does have fur coats and jackets. I was going ot have her wear such things as fur boots fur hats, and even fur pants! How do u guys feel on that?

Great idea to have her in a complete fur onsomble. Sounds like a fantasy come true.

With the idea of her getting a fur as a gift you could use say a fictional up and coming designer giving her a fur to wear to the music awards night or to sundance film fest.