Temporary Adult Area Modifications

White Fox

Folks

We are doing some testing of our adult area trying to find best location for it, etc. Please bear with us. For awhile it may be labelled as "Fetish Forum" or may be labelled as "Adult Area". We are trying to find a way to make it easier to get to, but still be less visible for those who do not want to go there. We are sorry for the inconveniences involved. It will change positions a number of times during the next few days.

White Fox

The Adult Fetish Forum is now open for public viewing without use of a password or the registered member being allowed entry by administrators. This is temporary only for testing for approximately one week, but may or may not be continued.

Please let us know on this thread if you like this forum being open, or if it offends, due to possible viewing by family members, etc. We only know your desires, if you let us know the answers to such things.

White Fox

Site Owner

I'll chime in and say that this is fantastic news! Great job, and hope new members will decide to register when they see the changes we make!

I'd say perhaps not a good idea. If any minors get into the fetish area and then somehow a parent finds out about the area/site/what have you, the easy conclusion would be that this site is home to socially unacceptable individuals (some might say perverted). As an adult, I choose NOT to visit. But I would say that I would discontinue my involvement with the den as it seems to be heading in a direction that I don't want to go. But the changes are driven by the majority.

Again, my biggest concern is if an underage person finds his or her way to adult material.

My $0.02.

JA

furlessinCA,

Underage access is a big concern for us (admins) too, but impossible to prevent. That is why bots (search spiders, etc) cannot see the adult area. Also we warn those registering that they must be of legal age to use this site. However these precautions cannot prevent underage access. We have inactivated a couple of accounts where the user identified themself as underage. That unfortunately is the best we can do.

Didn't stop me when I was a kid. If there is a will there is a way.

Yep. And I mean.. Kids/young teens these days can find a lot worse things through google. three letters into any search engine will return some pretty hardcore stuff. I agree that it's something to keep in mind, but the internet is the internet and the younger generation will be thrown in to worse things than us to be honest

AK: Thank you for your efforts. Much appreciated!

Earendil (sp?) sorry! Point taken. But my point is how do we want to be perceived? As a colleague of mine says: "Perception is reality." Do we want to be lumped in with child molesters? That's about what I would guess many would think. I KNOW that is not the case. No one here harms anyone (I hope). But again, it is the perception.

FurlessinCA. I agree with you. 100%. We need to do everything we can to avoid that. This is one reason why you will not see ONE photograph in our Gallery of a child. Or even a person who might pass as one. We have been asked many times why photographs in the Gallery are posted into a "Sorting Bin" and not directly into albums. This is one of the biggest reasons. It forces we as staff to look at each and every file to see them in enough detail to see if there are children in them. We also do not allow stories with children. In fact your post here reminds me that we SHOULD be making that plainer in the forum rules so that people who come in who might misinterpret are shown this VERY clearly. (More work to do! )

We have also as AK mentioned made that forum for members only now, so it cannot come up on searches and a person must be a member to see it.

I am HOPING that by keeping the forum a bit lower on the board helps as well. I know that You and a fairly large number of other folks do NOT want to see it for many different reasons. So we will always try to keep that in mind as best we can. We are trying to keep two groups of people happy here and that, unfortunately, is not easy.

This IS a test too. So we DO want to have feedback from members like You, as that will determine if we should leave things as they now are, or go back, or even suggest some place in the middle.

Whitefox:

I know the moderators are vigilant with regard to illegal activity (children). My concern was not the photos of children appearing in/on the den, but if underage kids gain access to "adult" material.

Thank you again for ALL YOU DO!!!!

JA