Backward Thinking

White Fox

Just to clarify.

This member offered us content. And we told her we would be very glad to take it. Then she never gave us the passwords required. She added a whole bunch of conditions that were not technically possible after leading us through endless messages.

To demonstrate how distorted this message really is, note that the poster says that we had 12 months to prepare for this because we knew your old home was closing. How many of you folks coming from FFG knew that FFG was closing 12 months ago? How many knew that FFG was closing 1 month ago? You see how distorted this fact was. That is how distorted the other information is.

The member has given us a fantastic demonstration of how we try to moderate with a heart here. How long would this member have lasted in your old home after this message? But she is not banned for it and I am not closing the thread.

Many times the member has said "It is time to move on" and I agree. There is no sense in dealing with past history as you can see this thread demonstrates.

We can make this a happy place and we will do our best to do so. But if our best is not good enough for certain members then we are very disappointed for both them and us!

White Fox

The problem with taking content from the fur fashion guide is that even though that info is on the FFG servers, it wasn't uploaded by the FFG staff directly so its not like the folks here could ask them for direct permission if they can host video's or stories or pictures at this domain instead. It's not the FFG's to give away. Creator's commons means that the creators have complete autonomous control over the content that they submit unless that user is posting something that violates a website's policies. What you should be doing is asking the members (who have subscribed here) who posted that info in the first place for permission. I am sure they would be more than happy to resubmit their work for you.

Marcel could probably give you exact numbers and titles."

My Mediafire store 500 clips (films/series) in 26 Gb with the help from Mr mockle's hitlist.

We're not operating a nuclear weapons factory, here. This is a website that people do for fun. We aren't even getting paid to do it.

Yes, we are working on improvements and we are doing trying to put them into action but we need to keep our perspective. Changes are not going to take place overnight.

This is a collaborative project for the combined mutual benefit of everybody involved, from the rank-and-file membership all the way to the site owner. No single person has complete say in the matter.

I want to hear people's opinions. I want to make this site better. I want everybody to find something they like here but I am not going to tear the site apart and rebuild it every time somebody thinks it should be.

My primary goal is to fulfill the Fur Den's mission statement:

It's okay to love fur.

It doesn't matter how you love fur, even if you love fur for sexual gratification, as long as you aren't hurting anybody else or breaking laws. If you love fur, you are welcome at the Fur Den. It really is THAT simple. I will do whatever I can to help fulfill that mission, within the limits of my ability.

That's not "backward thinking."

Marcel could probably give you exact numbers and titles."

My Mediafire store 500 clips (films/series) in 26 Gb with the help from Mr mockle's hitlist.

Marcel,

If you still have my hitlist, can you get in touch so I can a copy of it back? Heavens knows where the copy I had is hiding.

Regards,

Mr Mockle

Tryxie, I appreciate your candor, very much, and I am listening but we are not going to fix everything in 0.68 seconds.

Your points are valid, I take them seriously and I am working on solutions but I am not going to take an anxiety based approach to solving problems. I am working as objectively as I can and solutions will be heuristically derived.

The Fur Den isn't going to blow up if we don't solve every problem before midnight.

My take on this whole FFG debacle, based on observation and previous info.

1) vBulletin, on which FFG was based, has numerous exploits that can be used against it - simply search for the terms "vBulletin exploits" and you'll see how *very* unsecure of a platform it is. Yes, there are ways to tighten security on this platform, but it takes a bit more due diligence than most forum-based platforms.

2) In the past, most fur-related site have, at one point or another been under attack, including attempts at gaining root/admin access to said sites in attempts to take the site down.

3) The current status of FFG would suggest, based on #1 and #2 above, that this *might* have been a successful takeover of an account that had root/admin rights to the site and it's configs. One must ask "why would Cookie or 2Dye4 ban every single user on the site?", which was followed shortly by the appearance of odd postings in the images section - which would dissapear shortly after being posted (most notably the Simpson's "HA HA" image)?

It's sad to think that this is a possibility, but I firmly believe that there is more going on there than meets they eye. Only time will tell.

Quick update...

Members do not have a say if moderators are "Let go". This would be a real mistake!

As for moderators. We have one new one from FFG already. We have another from FFG coming on later when work loads ease. We have one new one that MIGHT be coming on from the Den. Our former Gallery helpers are becoming mods. They have earned that position by working huge hours here. We have another position that may soon be filled by a member VERY active on both sites.

As mentioned FFG may well return and many people will return if that happens. As Worker mentions, there is no use in making huge leaps and then disappointing members.

White Fox

I'm curious what you mean by regressive, or rather how it was before that thefurden is wanting to go back to?

I am just glad that there is still a place for all of us to go to. I just dont understand how everything gets so political.

To be fair - a lot of people knew FFG was going to bite then dust as soon as Cookie left, all the furs showed up on ebay, and the endless begging for donations. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that happened MONTHS, and MONTHS prior to its death.

As far as this forum goes - I've mentioned quite a few times, and offered my assistance on trying to bring it up to speed. phpbb is quite frankly the easiest platform pretty much ever to deal with. I had a Synology(home server) with a phpbb board running on it that took no time to curve to my liking.

I think the issue lies with the personal life problems of the staff. Few guys had some medical stuff going on, and there was the money issue for a while.

While I don't say just hand it over to someone who knows more - I would suggest getting in a chat, and getting some things going soon, or you will likely lose all of this sudden activity back to FFG, or someone who can make a FFG copy.

I loved FFG until 2dye banned me for having an opinion (running my mouth didnt help(ive apologized)), and I was around for NTC, and in/out of the fur den. Hell I don't even own good furs, and I still consider myself a hardcore member of the community that lurks about.

TLDR upgrade upgrade upgrade. i'm here if needed to help. phpbb is ezmode to fix.

I think the issue lies with the personal life problems of the staff. Few guys had some medical stuff going on, and there was the money issue for a while.

Yeah... And one guy lost his house, his job and his wife all in one year.

If only fixing life was as straightforward as fixing a website. :/

If only... I'd love to delete some code in my life for sure.

If only... I'd love to delete some code in my life for sure.

Insert "The Matrix" joke here.