Mens fur

Love for fur

Hi!

I'm not really new, started in ntcweb and carried on here and on ffg, though not sure if I had a membership here. Now I'm here though and it feels nice

However, I love fur, have myself a couple of foxes now. But, I really want to wear fur without getting big eyes and remarks should I wear any of my big foxes. But I would like to have some fur trim, or rather a lot of fur trim. I would like to have some inspiration, how do you wear fur?

Regards

Love for fur

I will admit I love real fur ...

I wear my faux fur mens jacket casually over jeans and a nice shirt ...

reg shirts at times for when its its cold where i live and can be that way....

i havent had any one say any thing to me about it....

I have a couple of fox coats too and I wear them out all the time in the winter regardless of where I go. I love em. I get tons of compliments on my coats wherever I go.

Hi

I've got a couple of Fox fur Bomber Jackets I love wearing one white, the other silver fox. You undoubtedly will get attention wearing a full fox fur as a guy in the UK, in my experience though its always been positive. I;ve got lots of jackets trimmed with fox and raccoon with either collars or hood trims. Adding a ruff or collar is a great way of wearing fur without the full on WOW factor if you want to blend a little more.

• 2 months later...

Might as well throw in my opinion, although the post is a bit old, seeing that I have the same problem :P

I too would love to wear mens furs, although I personally find that most mens furs in Western European and American styles are a bit too much and big for my own taste/comfort. Currently I have two winter coats that I wear as often as I can, one canvas coat lined with rabbit fur and with a huge coyote trim that I bought from Germany, and one Nobis down parka with coyote. Personally I love fur lined coats as a more nonchalant alternative to normal fur coats.

However, if you look around the internet for russian fur coats for men, you'll find alot of interesting styles that can be both more discreet, masculine and in my opinion stylish than many mens furs you usually see in european and american fur shops.

If you want an idea of russian furs, copy and paste мужская шуба мех into google, and you get a decent selection. I'm definately going to go fur shooping in Russia as soon as I find the time and finances!

Your description also sums up why many guys here buy women's coats and have the buttons changed. That often solves the problem. Most furriers just do not seem to understand what men really want in a coat. A nice looking coat that fits well. Where as they produce a huge one size fits all coat that looks like you are wearing a huge oversized bulky tent.

I will echo what others have said. I have only one fur jacket which gets a bit of attention when I wear it. Granted I don't live in a place known for being extremely cold, but if it is "chilly" that will do for me. I'm probably the only male in the area who owns and wears a fur. Initially, when I wore it (on a college campus) I would wonder what people thought of "the fur". Gradually I came to realize that most people don't notice it. Many make positive comments, both male and female. It has actually made me somewhat famous. Apparently someone saw me walking across campus one day when I wore my fur jacket and took a picture of me. He, in turn, sent the picture to all his friends on "Snapshot" which shows the photo, then somehow the photo disappears. At any rate, one of his friends was one of my former students who told me about the photo. She LOVED it!

WEAR YOUR COAT(S) PROUDLY!!

JA

Your description also sums up why many guys here buy women's coats and have the buttons changed. That often solves the problem. Most furriers just do not seem to understand what men really want in a coat. A nice looking coat that fits well. Where as they produce a huge one size fits all coat that looks like you are wearing a huge oversized bulky tent.

I actually love the look of a big boxy fur coat. I'm sure it has a great deal to do with the fact that I grew up in chicago in the early 80's and the huge power fox coats just struck a cord with me since they were so abundant back then. I own a men's black fox coat in a size 54 that reflects that older style and it's always a treat to wear. I also had the good fortune of trying on a women's size 28 blue fox coat earlier this week. It was immense but super comfortable. Unfortunately it was made special for another client so it wasn't available to purchase. Hopefully if enough people buy the furs that I have for sale I'll have enough funds to purchase a size 28 fox for myself.