TryxiePix Presents - limited time offer

Marcel

The anti-spambot question has been re-enabled. Having the answer on the same page might make it too easy for some spammers. Currently there is an email address (a personal one of mine) people can use for help next to the question.

This is not a work for an admin.

Generally I agree, but with few active mods and the number of spam posts that occurred, It falls to the first staff member who notices the problem to work on cleaning up the mess.

Just as a note, there is a 'report post' button over on the right side of each post that can be used by members to bring the spam in question to the attention of moderators.

DUH, but didn't our illustrious leader say we have enough Mods to do the job right now and didn't require the appointment of more. You seem to disagree saying there are few active ones. Perhaps we need more active mods and less inactive ones.
Our Moderators canNOT be expected to be monitoring these forums 24 hours a day.

Yes we may need more active mods, but except for occasions such as today where there were a lot of spam posts, moderators seldom have any work to do on these forums. That may change with the large influx of new members, but has not yet.

You could be correct that we need more active Mods and fewer inactive ones going forward..

Just a quick explanation on this thread and hope it goes back on topic again then.

The topic of active mods not picking up spam messages instantly was mentioned. The ONLY way to have every spam message deleted INSTANTLY is to have every member be a moderator. And you can imagine how much of a mess that would be. Velvet_Tigress has now come on duty as a moderator as we were hoping she would. And we have one other coming before long. But we will never have a moderator on duty every minute of the day. Each of them have lives outside of this place. Jobs. Family. They do their best, and in fact moderators are very seldom needed here. And I as site owner would NEVER expect staff members here to be on duty here constantly, and I am sure no members would either. I know that You Folks do NOT expect such of them.

With that, we can let this thread go back on topic again. I just wanted to explain a little bit further for the benefit of new members.

White Fox

admin