any ham radio opporators?

paul2809

Is there any one here in the forums besides me that is an ham radio opporator?? My ham radio call is KF5DMC and i opporate on 10meters aka 28megaherz...

Ive made contacts all over thr globe.. today i talked to scotland and the chekz republic on the radio.. i run barefoot of 100watts and a 500foot long loop antenna 30foot up in the trees.. its amazing what u can do with technology in amateur radio..

So 100 watts. Is that done by an old fashioned vacuum tube or can they get that much power out of transistors now for an inexpensive price?

500 foot loop. That is about 150 meters. That is one LONG loop. And being a loop I take it that it is directional. So that in itself would be a real challenge to make and put up there!

W

Is that a 25 watt transmitter in single sideband? Or is that a 100 watt transmitter sidebanding at 400?

You could reach the moon with a rig like that!

That's a pretty sweet piece of kit!

It's 25 watt SSB which gives you 100 PEP but with a fully tuned front end and digital noise filtering you've got a lot of reach. With that an your antenna, you can hit almost anywhere in the world.

• 7 years later...