worlds biggest fur coat

paul2809

what would it take to be considered the worlds biggest fur coat??? im just curious only ..... size and lenght or?????????? type of fur????

An interesting speculation.

In my opinion, "biggest" would generally refer to size but there could be other interpretations. One example I can think of is some of the furs Liberace had that trailed on the floor several feet behind him.

• 3 weeks later...

I always thought putting it on the Guiness world of records would be swell. In fact, I registered my proposal twice on their website.

My goal was to make the bigggest fur coat in the world, in massive proportions, use it for exhibition (at the Fur Fair of Kastoria and others) and advertising purposes and then dismandle it and make many identical coats from the same pelts. Those would be limited and sold with a "Guiness Records" certificate and profits would be given to charities worldwide... I was pretty sure I would find sponsors within the Fur Auctions amongst others.

Too bad it did not get the green light from Guiness...

That is a fantastic, and a fantasy coat!

In practical terms, how on earth did she get into it. Was it lowered by some sort of crane?

There are other problems as well.

But are we trying to find out how much fur one could wear at one time?

That graphic is awesome!

Mailon, did they give you a reason for turning you down for the World Record Books? How would you have chosen the lucky model for the world's biggest fur coat? That could have been a chance that was auctioned off too, with the winning bid being donated to charity too. I'd bid!

In my mind it would be made not for a person, rather a mannequin (like the ones on store fronts) but of huge proportions....

I do not recall if they gave a reason or not for turning it down...