Lets all be nice to each other

fur999

There has been an increase in new members here recently, and I sure hope that the Den becomes a better place for it.

Most of us seem to be aware that another Fur Forum has recently had problems, which I don't wish to get into here. The Den is a different place, which is the reason I come here a lot more than I did to the other forum. I do hope that this forum does not become too much like the other one.

I was bought up in the school of thought that if you have nothing nice to say, its better to say nothing at all. There is all ways a time and place to have your say, but please allow others their freedom of speech too.

Lets all be nice

Trixie,

I would like to point out a minor oversite in your comment - The number of views on a topic also includes bots such as Google and Bing that crawl this site regularly. So 29 views does NOT necessarily represent 29 people.

17 posts to your name, but yet every one I read seems to be complaining about the leaders, or something someone has said.

Regardless if bing/google/etc viewed the post - this isn't exactly a post where you have to reply to confirm not to be an ass to one another. Should be common knowledge, but since you insist. I agree with the original post that we should be nice considering there aren't many venues left for the fur community to go to.. and this is probably the last one that has more than a 6 month tenure on the web, AND people who frequent it regularly.

Also - 3000 members doesn't mean there are 3000 ACTIVE members. This is a long standing site, and there are surely plenty who have come, and gone.

Might I suggest having some of that cocoa you speak of, and calming down a bit?

Just to confirm here. We are certainly hoping that a few more members will help us out and the site WILL survive. We are within striking distance of our target. We just need some help to get there. We have been in the same spot a number of times before and always caring members helped us to make it nicely with the help of members.

Why invest in a site on a life raft? To take it off of the life raft and put it on to a stable ship and bring it back to the mainland. As mentioned, we have NEVER kept any money from the site to be used for other purposes and we never will.

Trixie,

May I suggest that you get down the hardware store, buy some building blocks and build a bridge. Then get the f**k over it. I hate repeating myself, but if you have nothing nice to say, sometimes it is best to say nothing at all

I don't get it... nothing nice to say so dont say it.. you say something mean.. mean =/= nice... mean = nothing nice.

Unless I'm stupid - that isn't practicing what was preached.

Either way I laughed - hadn't heard that one before.

• 2 weeks later...

That's the Trixie we all know and love!

Yes, she can be rather acerbic. Can't she?

Oh, just so you know, my big decision before bed was whether to have a Black Tulip or a Brother Thelonius.

I love you, too, honey!