Blue Topaz

trebor

Today we went to breakfast up the canyon and a lady wearing a f/L Fitch coat came in. It was nice. We wore our Silver foxes again

While shopping at a store I noticed some jewelry on sale. I settled on a Blue Topaz set in White Gold. I think it will go nicely with all of her Silver Foxes, or her F/L Golden Island Fox Coat. Heck! It might go with any of her furs.

Cheers!

FurBob

Edited by Guest

I envy you so much! You are the perfect fur couple in my eyes. I wish you and your wife all the best, and wish all the members of the Fur Den Happy Holidays!

Thank you so much for your support.

It took years to help my wife overcome her fear of PETA and to realize her true potential. She has truly blossomed like a rose, or in this case, like a fur goddess.

I am very blessed.

Furbob

Edited by Guest

It took years to help my wife overcome her fear of PETA and to realize her true potential.

90% of that fear is purely psychological.

Most P∂TA-philes are just hangers-on and would not have the courage to confront or accost a person wearing fur. True radicals who would do those things are pretty rare.

Further, if somebody does say something, we have the right to tell them to buzz off.

Once they have been told to go away, if they try to pull something, it is THEY who are in the wrong. Not us.

THEY are the ones who could end up getting arrested and landing in jail. THEY are the ones who could be forced to pay restitution. THEY are the ones who will have a criminal record.

If they try to claim that their actions were committed as an act of civil disobedience, they STILL must accept the punishment. That is one of the tenets of civil disobedience. When Henry David Thoreau was put in jail for failure to pay the poll tax, he was quite happy to sit in jail as an act of civil disobedience. He was only freed when his friend Henry Wadsworth Longfellow paid the tax for him and bailed him out. I don't think most P∂TA-philes understand the concept of civil disobedience. That, I believe is the key to defeating them.

Wear your fur as you like. Use the law against anybody who would try to infringe on your right to do so then stand back and smile and watch them cry and moan as the cops haul them away in handcuffs.

As I said, the chances of actually being accosted are VERY small. My ex-wife wears her fur coat (that I bought her!) everywhere, even to the grocery store. In all those years of wearing a fur coat, she has NEVER had anybody say anything except to give her a compliment.

Oh!... And, uh... Let me point out...

Any person in the U.S. has the right to defend themselves against attackers.

A long, fur coat provides excellent "concealment." (If you know what I mean.)

Just make sure that you have the proper permits.

Ask me how I know this.

All the furriers I have spoken to tell me that they have never had a client have problems with activists. Yes, the real problem is predominantly psychological. My mother wouldn't wear her mink coat in case of 'problems' with activists. Very sad.

However, I think the fear has (almost!) subsided. I think most fur wearers WOULD tell an 'activist' to **** off!

Let's just say that any law abiding citizen who does not have a criminal record or who has not been adjudicated mentally ill can get a permit to carry a a concealed weapon in most jurisdictions in the US and that I know that from experience.

An interesting concept of wearing a long fur coat is that a person could conceal a LOT of "hardware" underneath there and nobody would be able to tell. Consider the old cliché of the Western movies where a gunslinger, wearing a long "duster" style coat whips out a sawed-off shotgun and dispatches a couple of industrial sized bad guys who are trying to do him in. Now take that cowboy and put him in a long fur coat instead of a duster. Just as those movie bad guys never knew what was about to happen, a potential PeTA-phile might be well advised to think twice before trying to pull their crap on some fur clad stranger!

Do I need to give any more detail than that?

@ dongleboy: Yeah, I said "Buzz off," but the thing you said was more like what I meant.

So far, around here, if I had to put a percentage to positive to negative comments, I would have to say 90% positive 10% negative and tis year it has been 100% positive. No one has ever threaten us ever.

We have been wearing our furs all over the place. It has been a furry, cold, and wonderful Christmas Season.

Drive PETA crazy. Wear your furs in Public.

FurBob