So its -30 here....

WinnipegFur

Its -30 here in Winnipeg.. and its been a brutal winter... and believe it or not.. yesterday was the first day that I have seen anyone wearing a fur coat.. its been frustrating LOL

Saw a lady wearing a fox jacket with a huge collar... and another wearing a full length raccoon... but thats been it!!! I don't get it!!! Has anyone else in North America noticed a lack of sightings although its freezing out there in alot of places?

With the inauguration of the 57th US President in a few days; if the last time he was sworn into office is any indication of fur sightings OMG. There will be more fur in Washington DC than you will find in any ten farms during this coming week. They are closing runways (not only for landing but parking as well) at the two major airports in the DC metro area. Because they are expecting well over 900 privet jets to arrive here. A suite at some of the upscale hotels is going for as much as $100,000/night. (This package includes a choice of furs and dresses for the lady, limo, security guards and much more).

If you are a man in love with seeing a woman in fur this is the place to come.

You all make me feel like a wimp. It is in the high 20's for a while in the mornings then the temps go to the hight 50's or the low 60's. I wear my fur in the mornings walking my dog even though it isn't -30...yeah I guess I'm a wimp.

PS I wouldn't want to be within 100 miles of the inauguration, too many people, too crazy (and I voted for our current and next president).

JA

F/L what I should do is to just give you the temps here in degrees C and then you will really wonder what is going on. ha haaaaaaaaaaaaa!

You are never a whimp when you are wearing fur. You are just warm and comfy!

W

Wow, -30°c (=-22°F)! A real ice hole!! You're in zone 2a or 2b, can you grow anything there? Any roses in people's gardens?? You should try "polar Joy" rose if you can find one. That weather is great for long haired furs! We are getting some teens °F=-10°c next week. I have seen about 10 ladies in short/long mink coats, one long finnish fur, and one leopard fur (it looked like a rabbit fur, but the lady told me it was a leopard) this winter, it's not really cold yet. I wear my mink or fox short coat everyday. There are more mink coats (long ones) in my neighborhood,last year I saw a lot of them in the grocery stores, it's not cold enough yet for them to be out. I might see more tomorrow at church(high wind/20's =about -5°C)......

Right now the air temperature is -27, with the windchill its -37.. tonite they are calling windchills of -44!!!

Yes... its perfect weather for long hair furs... I love my coyotes....

Surprisingly.. I gaurantee you in 2 months we will shortly see temps of around +10 or so on the occasional day, and in 4 months it will constantly be above 18C, and by summer +25-32C

Stuff grows very easily here.. my mom grows roses, we have some of the best stawberries in Canada from around here... we have 2 seasons here.. hot, and fur-eezing!!

Sunny, clear day, sun wasn't yet up, 32 degrees F, a cup of coffee and my fur jacket. A perfect combination to walk the dog. A long coat would be ideal though.

JA

"Stuff grows very easily here.. my mom grows roses, we have some of the best stawberries in Canada from around here... we have 2 seasons here.. hot, and fur-eezing!!"

WinnipegFur, it's nice to know that. Would you please ask your mom what kind of roses she grows in the "ice hole"? I'd like to try some cold hardy ones. Thanks! I know this is not Gardenweb, but I have to ask, I love roses too!

In Poland we also have frozen, in the morning was about -15. I saw only two fur, blue fox jacket and red fox coat. And few sheepskin with fox trim. Not to many...

Weather in the last week has been 8ºF or -13ºC. Today the weather is a warm 0ºC!

I see fur almost every day because my wife wears her beaver coat, her fox scarf and rabbit fur trimmed gloves whenever it gets cold!

Can I say a quick thanks to everyone for writing in deg C! I really have no idea when people normally talk in F, on here at least I can use the converter on my Apple dash board. Makes much more sense in C to me.

PS, last week we had a top of 47C, 116F!. No furs round here at the mo, even mine are in the cupboard as I would sweat profusly otherwise!

We could all just write temperatures in Kelvin! (Just add 273 to the Celsius temperature.)

If you don't like that idea we could use the Rankine scale. (Add 460 to the Fahrenheit temperature.)