Sable pelt prices

elbas3175

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know the state of sable pelt prices at the moment? With fur growing in popularity, are they on the increase?

Would it be advisable to buy a coat now rather than wait 6 or 12 months?

Many thanks.

Unfortunately if any of us knew the real answer to this we would be rich. Pelt prices are like commodities and the stock market.

The best value would be if you found a ready made piece. Furriers have not re-priced the full replacement cost to their inventory. So, right now most buyers, unless they are having custom made pieces, have not been hit with the new prices.

I did check and Sable pelts in the last auction were an average of $77 and a high of $180. But, they did not clarify quality etc. on those numbers, so not certain they are meaningful.

Hope that helps.

Linda

If you cannot afford intact sable pelts, why not contact furriers on eBay and try to obtain sable fur scraps? That's what I did. So far, no luck. I want to use the scrap pieces for trimming the collars of polo shirts.

Vince

Is there anyone who is in the business that could verify this for us?

I got these prices from the latest auction list. But, I am in no way a sable pelt price expert.

Thanks,

Linda

The prices Refur quotes are for large numbers. if you only want to have one coat made, you'll have to ask your furrier to go see a skin dealer. if s/he has a good relationship with the dealer, s/he can probably get a 'bundle' of skins on approval for discussion with you. You'll need to be a serious buyer for yor furrier to maintain his/her credibility and reputation with the skin dealer.