Gallery...

White Fox

Folks, just a reminder that the Fashion Album in our Gallery is back and on the go again. We even have a whole host of backup methods now as well, so if some dam fooled dodo like me messes up, then we won't lose things like we did before.

We hope that you will be able to place some fantastic new photos into that album now. But we would love to see the old ones back as well. Secondly, if you should ever see something not quite right on the site please let us know. If someone had told us about the Gallery problem just a day or two earlier we might well have been able to save all of those great photos.

Again, we recommend that you use letters and numbers only when you post photos, and that you ALWAYS name the fur by type, such as Fox, Mink, etc. That will allow better and easier searches.

Thanks all

White Fox

Admin

To clarify a bit what WF said:

When uploading images to the Gallery, please use a reasonable length filename of no more than 15 characters if possible consisting of mostly alphanumerics. Punctuation and special characters other than underscore (_) and dash (-) cause us massive problems.

Also, please add keywords for the fur type and anything else that will make searching the Gallery easier.

Sorry Samurman

In another thread we mentioned that due to a problem we lost all images in the Fashion Album. The photos were gone for about a month and no one told us. If someone had noticed it and had they only mentioned to us earlier we could have saved the photos and brought them back, but since no one did all were totally lost. It is too bad that they were lost as it was such an absolutely wonderful collection.

We have added another backup procedure here, and deleted one button in order to try to make it impossible for this to happen again. But it is such a shame that just so many things are indeed gone. Luckily though other exhibitions remain, like the work on Marilyn M for instance.

Anyhow, just thought I should update again

W

I've been trolling some of the blog sites lately and came across some pictures that are more fashion oriented. I'll try to separate them so that I can add to the rebuild.

With summer we are a bit behind time on transferring the photos over to the correct album. But we will get at it soon.

I loved that album. Was so sad when it went down.

W

Oops! I thought you were somehow able to salvage the pictures:( I think it will take me a while to grieve after them:( ...

Sorry Samurman

In another thread we mentioned that due to a problem we lost all images in the Fashion Album. The photos were gone for about a month and no one told us. If someone had noticed it and had they only mentioned to us earlier we could have saved the photos and brought them back, but since no one did all were totally lost. It is too bad that they were lost as it was such an absolutely wonderful collection.

We have added another backup procedure here, and deleted one button in order to try to make it impossible for this to happen again. But it is such a shame that just so many things are indeed gone. Luckily though other exhibitions remain, like the work on Marilyn M for instance.

Anyhow, just thought I should update again

W