Need a black fox jacket?

RonGav

I came across this eBay listing and wrote the owner about possibly making a large sized jacket for me. He wrote back saying it was no problem, just send measurements. The most alluring part was his only charging $319 US for the jacket. I want to check it out more, but it's very tempting -- specially if the treatment is full skins or let-out. (I'm not into pieced jackets).

If you're interested in such a jacket you might want to check out this site.

BLACK FOX JACKET

His reply to my email inquiry is:

Hi ! We can make this black fox jacket in a man's coat . It would be

helpful if you measured any coat ( not necessarily a fur coat ) that fits

you and send us your measurements as described in the listing . I could

send you a draft if you gave me your email so that we avoid any possible

mistakes . We have the raw material but we do not have any man's coat ready

( one business day required to make one ). We do this in order to keep the

cost low . This means that you will have to buy the coat in the listing you

have already seen . I can guarantee you about the high quality and change

the return policy terms so that you can return the coat with no aggravation

at shipping costs . The pricing for a coat 48-50 is 319.00$ .Should you

have any questions feel free to ask any time .

Thank you and have a nice

day !

I will be looking forward to hearing from you soon .

Regards ,

Dimitris

-iltexaris_123

We'll see.. and I apologize if this should have been posted in the Furrrier Forum.

Methinks it is sectional, looking at the enlarged pics. Not even the Greeks could make a full skin jacket like that in full/let-out skins for $600. WEG Correct Mailon??*grin*

I am wondering if it might reveal more on the quality, etc., if you load the photos into photo shop and brighten them away up. I have used that technique in the past with reasonable success. Photo becomes not that great, but it does allow you to see defects, etc by times.

W

I am wondering if it might reveal more on the quality, etc., if you load the photos into photo shop and brighten them away up.

I plan to do just that very thing, but have asked for another brighter picture or two. He claims it is no way pieced, and to compare it to a pieced bolero jacket he is selling.

I told him -- don't cheap out. I 'm not going to pay $300-400 for junk. And if it costs more for my sizing or for better quality, let me know. I think he understands.

The whole truth is behide this word "zaetch" that the seller used

From description:

It consists of carefully selected '' zaetch " pelts

Zaetch is not full skin. Its left overs from fox pelts, but they are of better quality that regular pieces because they are usually larger uncut parts. Still, not full skin, not feathered.

Many times they will call furs like this "sections" which they mean to not be "pieces" which are much smaller. As Mailon says, these sections are used in hide-to-hide construction not in full pelts that are feathered. Although, I have seen some wonderful ones made this way.