Another retarded PeTA stunt...

foxkid

Dumb indeed. The bad part is that the band would say "raises an issue worth thinking about".

Do they not realize that these dumb clucks are saying "Get rid of your name because no one should have pets"?

W

It's just a name. What are people getting all fired up about? "The Pet Shop Boys" could just as easily be named "Qzxplk." The name means nothing.

Take John Mellencamp for example. He started out as "Johnny Cougar" then he changed to "John Cougar." Later, he became "John Cougar-Mellencamp" before finally changing his name to the current "John Mellencamp."

Do you like the 1970's band, "Boston?" They could have been named "Mother's Milk" if it hadn't been for a last minute decision before they made their first record album.

And don't forget the king of all name changers! Prince!

He changed his name to: [image]http://zipline.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/prince_symbol.jpg?w=80&h=96[/image]

Then he changed it back again!

Anybody who gets wrapped up in the naming of bands is weird. A name is just a name.

I think this is a good example of the type of neurotic weirdos that inhabit the halls of PeTA headquarters. What they need is a good dose of Prozac!

I've said this before. I think the best defense against PeTA is laughter.

Whenever you hear about the latest publicity stunt put on by PeTA you should extend your arm, point at them while throwing your head back and laughing loudly like Geoffrey Holder.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tAiEFhNHZk

Show them as the ridiculous, neurotic idiots that they really are.

By the way... Who gives a rat's ass about the Pet Shop Boys anyway?

Aren't they that stupid electronic dance band from the 1980's? Eeew!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2pNF_IXfyI

Whenever I think of the Pet Shop Boys I am reminded of that other electronic band from the 80's, "The Human League!"

At least the Human league had a hot chick wearing fur in their video!

Idiots in PETA will do anything to keep their name in the papers. Good publicity, bad publicity idiotic requests, the more they do to keep people thinking about them the better in their opinion, or so it seems.

Velvet

If the band were to agree to the name change, it continues, it would "encourage your millions of fans to consider giving a home to an abandoned or unwanted animal from an animal shelter".

Sure it would.

One day, some PETA tool is gonna hassle the wrong person over this stupid stuff or something out in the street somewhere, and then get blown away.

It's only a matter of time before it ever happens.

Why do we keep talking about PETA?

The less energy we spend on PETA, the more we'll have to enjoy our furs with.

In America, if you go out of your home wearing something that is made of fur, 99.9% of the time, no one will harass you.

Tricia

Well I'm not really mad at them with this sort of stunt. It just amuses me how they seem to revel in their own stupidity and foolishness.

why did you have to say retarded though? I mean, PeTA is stupid, but can't we make fun of them without hurting others in the process?

I think it was meant as a figure of speech.

I certainly see where you are coming from but I think the word was meant to describe people who would be otherwise classified as "normal" but who insist upon doing stupid things in spite of themselves.

We don't have to use the word "retarded" if people don't like it.

A rose by any other name is still a rose.

PeTA by any other name would still act like a bunch of idiots.

• 12 years later...
On 4/9/2009 at 8:18 AM, Worker 11811 said:

Whenever I think of the Pet Shop Boys I am reminded of that other electronic band from the 80's, "The Human League!"

At least the Human league had a hot chick wearing fur in their video!

Can anybody identify the type of full length fur the lady is wearing in the music video?