WPS files

White Fox

Been trying to open some files here with a wps extension. Tried to find one on the web, but everything I see so far points to the same cure. A long file name ending in the letters "en" by Microsoft. And... it is now gone as it is out of date. It refers in 5 seconds to a new page, and most everything on that page reverts back to the original again that is gone! Endless circle. God that stuff gets to me.

Anyone know of any way around this. I do not have "Word" but I do have a reader that allows reading but not editing it.

W

My suggestion would be to get OpenOffice.org. The writer component can read and edit all the micro$haft formats. And because it is open source, it is free.

It is probably a MS Works text document.

There are some other programs that use ".wps" but MS Works is the most likely.

MS Works was discontinued in 2006 but any current version of MS Word should open it.

If you don't want to use MS Word (don't blame you) you could try "OpenOffice" or "AbiWord".

OpenOffice: http://www.openoffice.org/

AbiWord: http://abisource.com/

You could try opening it in a generic text editor but then you'd have to plow through all the formatting code to get to the meat of the document. If all you want to do is see what's in the file, that might be the easiest thing to do.

Proprietary file formats that quickly get outdated... Yet one more reason to avoid MicroShaft!

Zamzar

Thanks Kostas

Just tried that, and it got the text but not the photos. I am beginning to think that there is something in this project that I don't understand. I am going to wait a bit til I get talking to the person who created these. Make sure I am understanding the content right. Something is just not right here. I want to find out what is going on before I go further and waste anyone's time any more. Including mine.

W