sable

Guest manywonderfulfurs

Hello.

I am receiving a sable fur hair scrunchie in the mail. What does sable fur feel like?

Please send me your email addresses everyone. I have two up-close photos of a coat that an eBay seller claims to be sable, but I don't think it is.

I can't upload the photos using image shack. It's too complicated and I don't know how to convert the photos, which are in my gmail account, to jpeg files onto my computer.

The URL only contains one non up-close photo.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sable-Fur-Coat_W0QQitemZ9303410712QQcategoryZ312QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks.

Vince

San Diego, CA

errrrrr....it means "hanging", really rank....but its a very rude reference to a females bits in old saxon but its in everyday use now and means the former

That is a bad photo on the URL. The two up-close photos that are in my Gmail account are much better and show the coat is in fine, wearable condition. What little underfur that can be seen in the two photos leads me to believe it is muskrat, but I am far from being a fur expert.

Vince

Yes, you are very likely right that it is muskrat - very old, worn and mangy muskrat. IMHO the vendor needs to pay you to take it off his/her hands.