Inquisition anyone??

Mr Barguzin

"Ximinez: NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition! Amongst our weaponry are such diverse elements as: fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency, an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope, and nice red uniforms - Oh damn!

[To Cardinal Biggles] I can't say it - you'll have to say it.

Biggles: What?

Ximinez: You'll have to say the bit about 'Our chief weapons are ...'

Biggles: [rather horrified]: I couldn't do that..."

My thinks to Mikhail for posting this at his site (Soft Spot Fashion Forum)

Crossbeam's cum outa screw on't treadle

Sorry?

I said "The crossbeam has come out of the screw on the treadle."

Sorry i still don't understand you; what are you on about?

Look i was told to come out here and say crossbeam's cum outa screw on't treadle; the last thing i expected was the Spanish Inquisition!

(Or some thing like that)

If you read Allfurme's post first, and THEN mine... it might all fall into line.

part of a famous sketch from Monty Python

Wallee - if you read my joke about the drunken television presenter; that was from Benny Hill. I agree he was an amazingly funny man.

Don't like Monty Python's Flying Circus! - you must be under 45 or 60+. When i was young it was the only thing we ever talked about in school

Under 45.

A lot of people I went to school with talked about M.P. all the time.

I just never caught on to it, although I get a good laugh from John Cleese.

you're right touch, i saw an episode just last week where she was in white fox hat and stroller the whole time, the guys were mostly in furs too, all on the beach... can't recall the name of the sketch though. she was all yummy, eh?

One of our cable networks seemed to be running a Monty Python marathon yesterday (at least every time I stopped by, it was on this particular network), but for all the episodes I watched, I missed this one!

FLinFL

Scott of the Sahara. They intended to cover Paignton beach in white polystyrene tiles to remake Scott of the Antarctic until someone said it would be a lot less bother to do away with the tiles and call it Scott of the Sahara. I remember Carol's fur coming of when it was caught on a cactus; she was being chased by something.