Need help with type of fur?

MrLynx

I agree with ReFur.

The lighting in that photo could be better. It is difficult to tell for sure. There are some types of sheep that look similar, but almost any type of sheep would have a relatively thick leather and the garment would drape much differently than the one in the image. Thus I believe it is faux.

It's a pic of Jennifer Garner from an episode of Alias.

I've seen that episode and it looked very much to be a faux fur.

I don't think she has ever worn real fur in an episode of Alias.

Most, if not all furs on TV are done by Fabulous Furs.

They are know for their work in Faux. Are considered the best. But, when I sent for samples, just not the same. Not even close. It is like trying to compare Acrylic to Cashmere.

L

Is their stuff bad quality or just not the same as real fur? The reason I ask is that I want to get some kind of fur throw or bedspread and was considering buying from Fab. Furs. Yes, I'd prefer real but it's just that with our climate here, if it's something I want to use year round (considering our heat/humidity/and exposure to sunlight) I almost think that I might be better off with a fake...

FLinFL

• 1 month later...

As my profile states, I have a total bias towards real furs over chemicals, but an important consideration for anyone thinking of owning real fur is the ability to properly care for it. Real furs need professional fur claening or they are a gonner so to say. If one live in an area that has no furriers convenient, faux fur may be the way to go. Some faux furs say to clean by furrier method only, but at least they will not dry out the way real fur will if not cleaned. And many faux furs can be drycleaned.