Worker 11811

What's your best TIME to chat?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. What's your best TIME to chat?

• Morning - 9:00 AM to 12:00 Noon.
    • Afternoon - 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM.
    • Evening - 5:00 PM to 9:00 PM.
    • Night - 10:00 PM to 12:00 Midnight.
    • Late Night - 12:00 Midnight to 2:00 AM.
    • Night Owl - 2:00 AM to 8:00 AM.

See the other thread about the best DAY to chat.

http://thefurden.com/bbden/viewtopic.php?t=9303

If we could all agree upon a day to come to the Den and have a fur chat, what time of day would it be?

I know that people who live in different parts of the world are in different time zones from me. That's something we'll have to take into consideration.

So, just for sake of clarity, vote for the best time of day for the country and time zone you are IN. I know there are flaws in that plan but my main goal is to get some discussion going. We can hassle out the time zone differences later on.

Woker should we have just asked about the best time re New York time so everyone in thinking the same frame work?

Like your idea here. Just a suggestion.

w

Well, I thought about making it Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) but I don't know how many people would care to figure it out.

Then I thought about making it New York (Eastern USA) time but I thought that would be selfish. Not everybody lives in my time zone.

That is when I though that people should just put in their own time zone because, for instance, somebody who is a "Night Owl" in GMT (England) would be "Night Time" for me.

If we get enough votes and civil discussion going we can start the negotiation process and come up with a good time.

BTW: This might not end up being a single time but a couple times. People living in England and Europe might have their own best time to chat and people living in the US might have theirs. This is not to segregate people based on geography but just to acknowledge that people don't all live, work and play on the same schedule.

Let me also make it clear...

Just because you say that you prefer a certain time and day to chat, does not mean it's binding. We're simply trying to find out what would be a good time to get together.

Of the two polls, I think this one is the more relevant. However I believe the questions should have been phrased in terms of GMT/UTC and the equivalent time in a few other timezones.

I didn't think of including a time zone reference. If you think it will work I can redo the poll.

Since there are not a lot of votes yet, we can just readjust the parameters and call it GMT.

Late evening 10PM-12 Midnight is about it for me when and if I have a chance to do it. I get to my office very early in the morning (usually by 6AM) to get work done before it gets crazy so I go to bed early when I'm not out with a client. (I'm pretty boring, huh? Probably why I'm divorced and never got remarried. )