Cross mink

Guest freemetolovefur

Does anyone own a cross mink garment? Is cross mink fur coarser than other types of mink? The guard hairs of cross mink garments I have seen in photos appear to be rather coarse, but of course, one cannot tell how soft or coarse a fur's texture is without touching the fur with one's fingers.

Hello Freemetolovefur, this is my first post! Your post actually made me finally register after having visited the Fur Den for about a month now. I recently bought a second hand brown cross mink stroller and I absolutely am in love with this coat! I got it for a steal at a charity thrift store, where it was mistakenly thought to be coyote. I'm not sure that I'm qualified to answer your question since I'm pretty new to fur wearing. I do not know if Cross Mink guard hair is categorically coarser than other minks. The guard hair on my coat is, however, coarser than the guard hair on my demi-buff mink coat. But my demi-buff coat is a female mink by James Galanos and is one of the softest minks I've ever felt. My Cross Mink no longer has a label in it, so I don't know the maker. However, the fur and the workmanship are exquisite. I've gotten lots of compliments when I wear it. Also, a few folks have been drawn to stroke it. Since they tend to keep stroking it once they start, this is a sign of its softness I would say. I hope my response helps you in some regard. Thanks for your post. I'm so glad to know you're considering purchasing a cross mink!

all these different mink colours that are natural have the same feel and touch. Being coarsed depeneds on many other parameters and not on the animal itself (eg process on the tannery, age, storage etc)