Fetish vs erotic

ReFur

One of our new members has sparked memories of posts that are worth re-reading. Some are on this forum and some are in our archives. Think searches on this topic might be intereting. For those of you who have the time, please cut and paste or just list a link. Maybe just a bump will work. There are some wonderful insights and contributions in our old posts.

Linda

I did a search in the archives under erotic and fetish and founds some great posts!

Here is one comment I had written:

Bet you didn't think one of us would post did ya?

Furslave,

Since I have joined The Den I have realized by reading posts that for many there is guilt and shame connected with their erotic experiences with fur.

I have said this before, and I will repeat it again from time to time, sexuality is wonderful. The fact that you can enjoy this sensual side of life is wonderful. Again, addiction can occur with all pleasures. And it is not the fault of the pleasure. I know people that are addicted to exercise to the point they have had heart attacks from it!

I find furs erotic and just being near them brings me so much pleasure. To explain is like trying to explain why I find beauty in a sunset or a roaring fire. They just do.

Sometimes I wonder if the true source of guilt and shame, that many express, isn't one of sexuality not fur. Do you think? As I have mentioned before: Do women hide in shame when someone says something about vibrators? I personally think some discussions on that topic should be as tasteful as yours are here.

Who said it on the forum? "Sexual concepts are erotic, details are not."

I have found our members to be sensitive and sensual. To openly talk about it is not offensive. I think talking about it, tastefully, as you do, could even help others who are struggling with their love of fur silently.

Linda

Furslave responded

Linda,

you have made my day. I thought that this was a simple question. I wasn't thinking of anything specific, just trying to figure out and tell some people that we may think we were the first one doing it but then guess what, we found proof the of the contrarary.

Thanks all for your warm thoughts.

Some people get offended by a lot of things...for me it takes a lot to surpise me or even bother me. IM very well open minded. Sometimes its good but some other times its not totally good. I may ask question that are nothing to me, and then get answers like I got with this post! To realize that some people dont like this type of question!

Does that make me a pervert? I dont think so! I think the line from pervert to open minded is a very thin one!

anyway,

see ya!

furslave

I found this fabulous post in the Wool forum:

Let me start off by saying that I have a sweater fetish and have been following the community around in various incarnations (NTCWEB, Melody, ETC) for a long time (~8-10 years), but have never, ever posted (or even registered). My fetish is not so much that I am attracted to the sweaters themselves as more to the fact that it enhances the feelings I have for a person actually in that sweater. To put it to some kind of analogy, sweaters are to me what lingerie is to someone more, um,

This is an example of how new members can find a wealth of information. Use the search feature!! It is wonderful.

If you find a topic you really like, make a post and that will bump it to the top of its fourm. If it is in another forum and you want us to see it here, you can post a link to it or do a cut-and-paste.

Linda

Thanks, Linda! So often it seems we're focused just on the latest threads or the ones that are constantly receiving new contributions.