Going to NYC

Worker 11811

Hey, folks! My wife and I will be taking a short 3-day trip to New York City very soon. If we have time we might take some time to check out the fur district.

Anybody know what's hot and what's not, as of late, in the district?

T.I.A.

I live just outside NYC. You probably know just about all there is to know already. I would suggest you keep an eye on the weather. Today it's fridgid and by the weekend it will be in the mid fifties. Try to plan your trip during a cold spell if possable. There will be many more treats for the eyes. Enjoy your trip.

my advice. This maybe a little far but, take a walk down Madison Ave from roughly 86th street to 57th. then cut over to 5th ave and walk down 5th.

or you could cheat like i did recently. took a bus up Madison Ave then jumped off and took a bus down 5th. did it twice in a row!

Don't forget to visit the 'ol Fur District which generally runs between 6th and 8th Avenues and 31st and 26th Streets (approximately).

Gee - I wish i could be there too!

FLinFL

Enjoy your trip! I spent roughly four hours yesterday in the district and tried on over 30 fur coats and jackets. Wonderful experience. I finally tried on sable (sigh) -- Canadian Golden and Russian Barguzin -- And confirmed that it is just as luxurious and unbelievably lightweight as I've always heard. I really, really want one now.