Fur Sightings!

Joe

hey, saw a cute white faux fur jacket on a young lady in her early 30's, pretty brunnette with short hair. Nice looking lady all the way around in her fur with black leather boots from what I saw in church this morning

I live in too mild a climate. Usually a season yields only fur-trimmed parkas.

Today I saw what I guess was a nutria reversible vest. That's likely the highlight of the season here, but the few weeks after Christmas might bring some surprises.

frugalfurguy

NYC baring any 50 degree weather this week should have a nice showing of Fur in the tourist areas of the 40's, 50's and 60's between 5th and 8th Avenues. Manhatten is PACKED this week!

• 2 weeks later...

I have seen some amazing (and I do not use that word lightly!) furs on the streets here in New York City. Unusual designs, maxi lengths, incredible collars, as well as sumptuous fur trims on coats and jackets -- Much more avante garde than you typically see on the streets of Chicago. Shearling is very popular with the guys. I saw a guy wearing an amazing (there's that word again) hooded shearling jacket on the upper east side this evening. I want one! I've had a furry good time in Da Big Apple -- Still not believing the $150,000 price tag on the Barguzin sable coat in the Maximillian salon, though.

Other than the odd mink in London the most real fur I've seen in the UK has been on me. I've managed to over come the shyness hurdle this season. A handful of times I've put on my fox bomber I have on in my avatar outside, on top of that I have a reversible mink I've had mink side out and a D&G designer hamster skin coat which has fur on both sides (Which is somewhat attention seeking, it's made from 130 pelts )