Non existent private messages...

mailonfurs

It was the second time that I received an email that send I had a private message but when I entered there was no message at all. My inbox is not full. Is there something wrong with our PM service?

I had a similar experience yesterday -- Two e-mails re: receipt of private messages, but when I checked there was only one message in my inbox. No biggie ... but odd.

I don't know of any problems but we will need to wait til AKcoyote replies to this. He is our technical whiz. There have not been any changes to that area for months and months, but it is always possible to get a glitch in the system.

W

I am unaware of any previous instances of this occurring.

Linda's explanation is the most likely scenario for what happened. The sending user can delete a PM from their outbox at any time up until it is picked up by the receiving user.

This brings up something that many here do not know about. If you send a PM to another member and decide you want to edit it, just look in your "Outbox". If it is there it means the member has not yet picked it up. If that is the case you can click on the message and edit it, and resend it at any time before the member looks at it. As soon as it is opened by the recipiant, the message appears in the Sentbox.

hey all

if there is a certain someone that send a message to me and deleted it please come forth so that we know what really happened or if it was a system error. You don't have to tell us what the message was or why you decided to delete it. We just want to know that the PM is working fine

Kostas,

It will be one of the great mysteries for you here!

It was a probably a member who wanted you to custom make a $20,000 fur but realized they had no money!

Linda

It's pretty common for a person to write a message then decide that they don't really want to send it. That's why our system has the ability to retract a message IF it is retracted before the recipient opens it.

I know it's a little disconcerting at first but it's no big deal, really.

Once a message is deleted it is nearly impossible to retrieve it.

Comme ce, comme

Kostas,

It will be one of the great mysteries for you here!

It was a probably a member who wanted you to custom make a $20,000 fur but realized they had no money!

Linda

haha probably that was it dear Linda

• 1 month later...
This brings up something that many here do not know about. If you send a PM to another member and decide you want to edit it, just look in your "Outbox". If it is there it means the member has not yet picked it up. If that is the case you can click on the message and edit it, and resend it at any time before the member looks at it. As soon as it is opened by the recipiant, the message appears in the Sentbox.

Thank you for the side note. I recently noticed this very event and I was concerned that there was something else going on. Thank you..

• 7 months later...

The new software version has solved the problem of deleted messages!! Instead of just deleting the message, it lets the person receiving know who the sender was and that the message was deleted before you picked it up!!