Gucci

auzmink

Not sure when this updated, and if its a previous post, I apologise, but for the upcoming Winter season, how do the males (and Ladies) feel about this Furs.com update....

http://www.furs.com/index.html

Personally, I think most of them are fantastic and will grab a chance to have a look at the shop this month in Milan .......perhaps the tide is turning Gents - get ready to be seen more often in Fur..

Auzmink

The problem is not as much lack of men's furs as it is the "one size fits all - and no style" concept.

For instance earlier this year I went in and tried on a coyote men's coat and it just did not look good on me. The fur was so very long and the coat way too big, etc. The sales gal asked me about others and I tried on a full length hooded coyote with white fox trim made for a woman, and it looked fantastic on me. Still may buy one like that some time. That coat instantly looked fantastic on me. But the guy's coat looked terrible due to poor design and this concept that you keep one coat in stock and sell that to any man no matter his size and you only sell something in a dark colour.

To me, that concept is where the problem is with men's furs and until they get away from that, they will sell very few to men. Similar to men's clothing in stores I guess. Walk into any mall and see one men's store, and 10 women's stores. They say we do not buy, but the reason is that there is no place for us to buy. In furs especialy.

For instance, how many men here would love to see a full length blue fox designed for a guy, or similar white fox. But have you ever saw one advertised?

W

The problem is not as much lack of men's furs as it is the "one size fits all - and no style" concept.

For instance earlier this year I went in and tried on a coyote men's coat and it just did not look good on me. The fur was so very long and the coat way too big, etc. The sales gal asked me about others and I tried on a full length hooded coyote with white fox trim made for a woman, and it looked fantastic on me. Still may buy one like that some time. That coat instantly looked fantastic on me. But the guy's coat looked terrible due to poor design and this concept that you keep one coat in stock and sell that to any man no matter his size and you only sell something in a dark colour.

To me, that concept is where the problem is with men's furs and until they get away from that, they will sell very few to men. Similar to men's clothing in stores I guess. Walk into any mall and see one men's store, and 10 women's stores. They say we do not buy, but the reason is that there is no place for us to buy. In furs especialy.

For instance, how many men here would love to see a full length blue fox designed for a guy, or similar white fox. But have you ever saw one advertised?

W

They are advertised, just by hip-hop artists, and athletes on the town, instead of magazines, and that is much better publicity, as they are considered tough, and get around the stigma of guys caring about fashion.