What do members think of knitted furs?

furrycocoon

Over the last few years,knitted furs have become quite popular,yet I've had quite a good look through the archives and found no topics on this heavenly innovation in fur.There is currently a topic on double sided furs ongoing,but having tried on a knitted fox and rabbit sweater,with great kindness by my local furrier with just a t-shirt on,it did not look overly fluffy,but felt quite heavenly on my arms.What do you guys and gals think?

Good question. I like to touch them, of course, but don't know how practical they are. First, I'm not sure how fashionable they are--I've never seen one that flatters a woman's figure. I suppose it would make a nice lady's cardigan.

Second, I really like the weight of fur with a liner and backing--gives it some "heft." Really nice to slip on--the smoothness of the lining with the fur all around the outside...

I have seen some knit fur throws...they're nice, really soft, but you can't sink your fingers in to them like you can with a regular coat or blanket.

Bought my wife a black knitted rabbit hooded sweater I found for $170 on a Macy's clearance rack. Its nice for those times in fall when a full fur is a little too much. She could pass it on to our daughter in a couple of years,she is 9 and asking when daddy is going to buy her a fur coat! I should have bought the pink one they had too!

These folks often have Knit Furs for sale.

http://cgi.ebay. com/knit-knitted-whisky-MINK-fur-wrap-stole_W0QQitemZ180144760368

Wnader through their site.

I think I've posted several in The Gallery as well.

This one is a real honey:

http://cgi.ebay. com/53201-knit-knitted-gray-indigo-FOX-fur-coat-jacket_W0QQitemZ180153281286

Like to have a house coat like this

OFF

Knit fur is tha bomb Girlfriend has a sweater and a jacket in knitted Rex, i've got a knitted Mink and knitted Rex scarf. There's nothing better than wearing fur againtst your skin

We have some knitted fur accessories. (scarves and things)

We like them because, as other said, there's fur on both sides.

They are a little more flexible too. You can wrap a knitted fur scarf around your neck and turn the ends over so it doesn't slip off but it won't bunch up like a full pelt scarf will.