Has anyone ever fathomed...

Furtigo1

a fur coat whose sleeves were 3 times the normal length?

Why are double-sided furs obsolete?

Obviously, these (for lack of a better term) creations would not be practical for, say, trips to the store...

Any suggestions as to how to create something as such?

(Sorry, I have an entrepreneureal mind, I can't help but think of things like that)

Well, I can tell you that double sided furs are definitely not obsolete in my closet anyway. I had my furrier make for me last season a f/l double sided silver fox hooded coat, and it is absolutely heaven to wear believe me. The inside is made of really soft silver fox section plates so that the coat is not too thick too move about in, and whilst the sleeves are not overlong, they are drippy bell shaped. Overall quite cuddly and oh so warm on cold days and nights. I love it so much that I have three more on order for this year...one each in coyote, red fox, and blue fox.

Just this weekend I talked to Horst about a natural Beaver coat lined with sheared Nutria. Hooded of course

See Ungar Furs post.

The price was a bit more than I canaffort right now but not outrageous.

OFF

1st idea: Too weird fur me. A fur needs to have a certain amount of utility in my book.

2nd idea: Not sure ... But I Want One!

Well, we can fantasize.

I think I'm over the top to prefer ankle length. But then I still recognize excess. What about a fur that's so big it covers EVERYTHING???? Might be fun for a while. Until you got thirsty. Until you had to sh**. Until you had to pay for it. For me enough's got to suffice. And if I say there's never enough I'll never experience satisfaction, just more wanting. I know we're surrounded with propaganda that says the want-it-gotta-have-more-of-it drug (so long as it's sold in legal stores) is the only one worth taking (while condemning other opiates). I'm not buying it!

But that's my take on it, and I'm a live contradiction.

frugalfurguy

1st idea: Too weird fur me. A fur needs to have a certain amount of utility in my book.

2nd idea: Not sure ... But I Want One!

Some people drive SUVs even though they never use them for what they're for...a hooded doublesided extra-long sleeve fur coat...would you say no to it?

Some people drive SUVs even though they never use them for what they're for...a hooded doublesided extra-long sleeve fur coat...would you say no to it?

No ... It could always be altered!!!

I have to agree on the utility side of thins that sleeves that long would be too difficult to move about in, but of course I want to be able to wear all of my furs to be able to keep warm both indoors and out. Another may not see this need as being so important. Doublesided is really the way to go though, and that I can vouch for.

I love it so much that I have three more on order for this year...one each in coyote, red fox, and blue fox.

Argh, this is criminal to say this in front of a poor college student!!! I'd wish i could afford new custom furs like that!

While I don't have anything double sided, I have lots of leathers lined in real fur, which makes it very practical in the winter and a good compromise considering how PeTAfied this country is.

I think it's ridiculous that PETA doesnt go after biker gangs...I'd like to see what would happen.

I'd PAY to see that!

Hmmm! The latest in pay-per-view events.

You listening, Comcast?

frugalfurguy

Hi,

For years I have dreamed about haveing a double sided white fox suit made for me. It would have attached mittens, and feet with soles that are lugged for walking in snow. It would cover my entire body including a hood that had very few openings. Two glasses imbeded in the suit for eyes so I can see out. There would be 3 or 4 small holes in the front for air but thats it and a zipper almost like a space suit starts have way up the left leg curves up and ends at the right soulder. Since it has 2 layers of white fox pelts in it maybe add a layer if insulation to make the suit warmer for the real cold days. But at the top of the zipper a ring (like a key ring) would be attached and a lock could be put on the zipper and the ring. Locking me inside the suit. I dont think they exist but the keys to the lock would be put inside a safe that has a time lock to not open for 24 hrs so I would have to have the suit on for 24 hours..........I would be wearing a urine collecting system so I can do that inside but not empty until i got it off.....as for the very long sleves I would rather have attach non-removable mittens on them not extra long.

I am writeing this wearing my new very dark brown fox coat for the last hour on a warm day (a/c is on). Plan to keep it on till I go to bed in about 6 hrs. Before I started this message I had on a pair of leather gloves with black fox trim, took them off to type this post. They will be back on after hitting submit.

You know Furup I have always enjoyed seeing you in you silver fox outfit...looks so cuddly and warm.

Not sure about being locked in fur though.