Gee, it's quiet in here!

frugalfurguy

Am I behind the times? Seems kind of early for fur collections to be out on display racks, so doesn't seem everybody'd be out shopping. Summer's winding down and at least where I live it's not peak heat right now. It's not the time people'll despair of there ever being fur-friendly weather ever again so stay away from here. So who's going to take up where TOS and FrBrGr left off?

Start posting!

frugalfurguy

So who's going to take up where TOS left off?

Start posting!

frugalfurguy

Hopefully no one. Politics don't need to be in the forefront here. This is a fur appreciation board, not a place for political destructionism.

It's summer time and most folks are still traveling or just spending more time out doors.

It'll pick up again in a month or so.

No worries.

This time of the year is slow. ... But, you are right frugalfurguy, after, the volume of posts that ToS use to post, there is certainly a difference here.

For some that is a loss. ... for others it is not. I personally have mixed feelings.

OK, those who set on the sidelines, how about finally letting us know you are here!? 8)

Linda

I have attempted to get (what I thought were) some interesting threads going but was not overly successful. I thought the other day that perhaps June through August the site should be renamed "The Fur Tomb". 8)

I have attempted to get (what I thought were) some interesting threads going but was not overly successful. I thought the other day that perhaps June through August the site should be renamed "The Fur Tomb". 8)

It's not a lack of interest in your posts, it's a lack of people to look at your posts.

OK, those who set on the sidelines, how about finally letting us know you are here!?

Fewer than 50% of the registered members have made even a single post ... So if they all complied with your request the stampede could be deafening ... But I'm willing to take that risk. 8)

I would chime in with the old addage "This place is quieter than a crypt full of mimes", but I won't..

I do apologise for my lack of posting - guess I don't have much interesting to say..

I agree. It's our slow time of the year.

There was a lot of activity in the past month or so. Unfortunately, a lot of it was quite acrimonious. But we are settling down, now. I'm confident that we'll soon be back to our furry selves.

JGalanos: I do read your posts and I enjoy reading most of them. Problem is that I usually have a lot to do. I check in to the Den several times per day but I don't often post replies until I have time.

Just realizing: I certainly KNEW about the den last year at this time, but I hadn't registered, and I didn't very often browse posts. I didn't contribute anything till September last year. Seems like I've been around here longer than that.

JGalanos wrote:

Fewer than 50% of the registered members have made even a single post

I can identify with that dynamic as someone who lived pretty exclusively in the closet. Some people just want to get into the gallery. Some people just want to read posts. It's scary for some to actually express themselves. I can idenitfy. I was there for MANY years.

There are still times I feel shy about sharing here or want to alienate. So I can accept that so few of the registrants actually become contributors. But if this site weren't here, I would have either had to find some other place to own the way I am or continue to stuff it.